Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not quite sure what to make of him, thought he was a strange signing at the time and not sure if he is adding much to the team now we have Sandaza back and fit again

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not been that impressed though his movement was excellent today for the header he put wide. It showed it on the tele - made the chance well for himself. I did worry when we signed him and every Barnsley fan online seemed to suggest he was useless...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ok as a stop gap but wouldn't extend the loan. He can go back and we can look for someone more prolific.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The cup has disrupted his playing time a bit so maybe there's more to come, it's true that so far he's looking nothing better than what we have.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Could have done better today but showing signs of linking up with Muzza.

We could of course show a little patience and give the lad a fair crack of the whip, or is that asking too much?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He was a real handful for the Hudders defence today. Impressed. Hudds fans I was talking to after the game couldn't believe we took him off.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Don't be so bloody harsh. For Christ's sake he has only just turned 19. NINETEEN!

I think his movement, work rate and footballing brain is actually very impressive.

Unfortunately though centre forwards are judged on their goal ratio and - rather like most of our strikers - it doesn't seem like he's exactly prolific, so not the answer at the moment.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Very harsh to describe him as a useless slow lump. From what I've seen of him he doesn't look half bad, his goal total doesn't do him justice IMO. My only concern is whether or not we really need him or not now Sandaza is fit, however some are being way too over-critical.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He was a real handful for the Hudders defence today. Impressed. Hudds fans I was talking to after the game couldn't believe we took him off.

Really !? I'm surprised.

I was relieved the board went up for Wood and not Murray when Barnes came on. I'm not going to start slating Wood as I still haven't seen enough of him yet and I believe he has more to offer. I still think he's lacking match fitness and so looks sluggish.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes. Let's judge another player 5 minutes after they've joined us. :wozza:

Agreed - the usual fickle crap on here.

I was only glad Murray stayed on rather than Wood today as I felt Murray had a really good game today and was the more likely to trouble them as the game wore on. Especially so as I still think Wood isn't fully match fit. I look forward to seeing more of Wood before making judgements.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the shout for Bradley Wright -Philips is a good one. Perhaps when Gus said about signing 1 player and another following could be Noone and then B WP. Problem is he is the divisions top scorer so what would his price be?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I think the shout for Bradley Wright -Philips is a good one. Perhaps when Gus said about signing 1 player and another following could be Noone and then B WP. Problem is he is the divisions top scorer so what would his price be?

Wood looked decent yesterday, With a bit more luck he'd have at least a goal.
I'd say given BWP is out of contract in the summer & Plymouths financial situation £300k to £500k.
I do believe he's the special player Gus is talking about. I know he isn't flairniac, a premier league star or a former international with creeking knees but he is top scorer in our division, Comfortably a championship player & a big name at our level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here