Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood - did we miss a trick

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He was ok until he went on international duty. When he came back he just seemed to have lost something.
I was never much of a fan of his, along with quite a few on here, but he does seem to be proving a lot of us wrong at the moment.

I'm with Daffy on this. Craig Davies has proven himself in this division too last season, which I suspect is even more surprising, but good luck to the lad.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Wood is quality and was never appreciated enough when he was here. I really rated him.

Im gutted we didnt get to sign him again or permanently, he is going to be a Premiership player.

Im amazed how few people here could see the potential he has. It was obvious to me. He never got enough credit for some of the things he did for us last year. I remember a game at Withdean, might have been the Orient 5.0 win, where he was totally unplayable and created so much for us, yet others got all the credit.

He is still really young (I think some forget how young because of his size) and is obviously improving all the time. At this stage of the season, to score as many goals as he has in The Championship in an average team at 19 proves he is quality.

Chris Wood 'unplayable'....time to put the cork back in

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
We should have kept Muzza or Woody, not let both our "hold the ball up" strikers go at once without replacing them. Gus has said that Wood wasn't available to us and that the only reason he could go to Birmingham on loan is that it was close to West Brom. Sounds a bit funny to me, I'm sure if Gus had really wanted him he could have got him down here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it?

Any discussion about this in July would have had a huge majority saying "thanks but no thanks".

Spot on. I'm sure Gus would say he should have got him in now - but at the time not many wanted him at this level. Lovely fella he is btw.

D

Deleted member 18477

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4559241 said:
We should have kept Muzza or Woody, not let both our "hold the ball up" strikers go at once without replacing them. Gus has said that Wood wasn't available to us and that the only reason he could go to Birmingham on loan is that it was close to West Brom. Sounds a bit funny to me, I'm sure if Gus had really wanted him he could have got him down here.

wood didnt exactly hold the ball up for us. he gave it away more often than not.

murray on the other hand is one of the best players ive seen at holding the ball up and giving time to other players to run off of him. we miss him for sure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here