Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood back on our radar?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hes affordable, scoring goals for them and a young and improving player - think i read that West Brom stuck a £500k pricetag on him so it could be worth it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I would have Wood in a flash. I just wonder whether hed flourish with our style. Millwall are much more direct than us.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wasn't over-convinced with him the last time around, but he wouldn't be a bad bit of muscle to add up front now. Bit bored of re-signing players though. I want new flesh to sparkle and amaze me really.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Pretty sure if Hoskins was to Hit form, he is in a similar class to him, same with Barnes. Dont think hes the classy scoring striker to get us any closer to the premier league than we already are. Plus he misses pens. cracking.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
no doubt he would be a good squad player, and has youth on his side to improve, but if we're looking for someone to be an instant impact and be the '20+ goals a season striker' that we need then im not sure he would be that.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This is the guy who was not quite good enough in League 1, and experience has recently shown that someone scoring lots of goals for a different team does not necessarily mean they'll score goals for us. We already signed three "proven" goalscorers, plus Barnes, and if we are looking for yet MORE depth, I think Agdestin deserves a place more than a potential flop of a singing.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
he isnt in the same category as

austin
jason roberts
beckford
macheda

we would slip in alongside barnes hoskins dobbie

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
no doubt he would be a good squad player, and has youth on his side to improve, but if we're looking for someone to be an instant impact and be the '20+ goals a season striker' that we need then im not sure he would be that.

20+ goals a season striker. Probably CMS then ?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He must be on Gus's list of potential targets but a few names down I would suspect.

I'm not sure how I feel about him - especially as I'm still not sure if Gus is looking to change things so we play with two up front rather than one striker and two wide.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
20+ goals a season striker. Probably CMS then ?

Im confident CMS will score 20 goals this season. But if Poyet wants to spend money on someone to partner him then we can do better than Chris Wood. If signed he would just fall into the category as Barnes, Hoskins and Dobbie.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Always liked him when he was here with us. He's adding goals to his game now and at his age is still improving. Would be more than happy to sign him again

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
He's got a lot of experience for a 21 year old, and still likely to improve. Would be a good signing. Could one day be a top player in the Heskey mould.

This is a quite horrendous prospect. Do we really want anyone who could even be partially likened to Heskey?

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
A player who moved for 11m and played regularly for his country?

Yep, I'd take that.

But that doesn't mean that the transfer fee or the national managers regular selection of the player was a fair reflection of ability (or lack of), more testament to over hyped transfer fees and a lack of suitable alternative players in that position and/or a willingness to change. A Heskey style lump would surely jar with Poyet's desired style in any case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here