Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwulemo (Transfer Rumour)

AdrianDINho said:
It's history. Get over it. You can't go back. I bet we would of still went down after two seasons if we still got him because McGhee never got the best out of him.

You really should start engaging your brain before hitting the keyboard.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bearing in mind that he was at Stoke for a long time he never set the world alight there. I liked the bloke and he has had ONE GOOD SEASON in the Championship but Charlton will find that he's no replacement for Bent.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He was decent for us too I thought.

LUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I remember going on the phone in (a tad drunk) telling McGhee to SIGN HIM UP. Scots TWAT never listened though did he? Now look where we are. Bottom of Div 3 and he's riding high in the CHAMPO and gonna fire Charlton in to the Premiership and BEYOND. Maybe they'll win the UEFA CUP and where will we be then? Ryman f***ing Premier, that's WHERE.

f*** SAKE MAGOOOOOOOOOOON you PENARSE.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ah here is the article, bottom couple of lines;

Albion may lose Blayney
From the archive, first published Monday 6th Jun 2005.

Albion manager Mark McGhee cast doubt today over the prospects of Albion re-signing Southampton keeper Alan Blayney on a permanent basis.

McGhee fears the Seagulls may not be able to meet Blayney's financial demands.

He could instead use young prospects John Sullivan and Richard Martin next season as back-up for Michel Kuipers.

Blayney played a key role in Albion surviving in the Championship at the end of last season on loan from Saints.

The Northern Irishman's chances of first team action at St Mary's are poised to increase following Southampton's relegation from the Premiership, as Finnish first choice Antti Niemi is expected to leave.

Kuipers will be fit to resume as Albion's No. 1 next season after shoulder surgery and another goalkeeper is not high on McGhee's list of priorities as he works out how to use the £250,000 transfer kitty won for the Seagulls by supporter Aaron Berry.

McGhee's main targets are a striker, a centre half to cover for the injured Adam Hinshelwood and a creative midfielder.

He also has to build into the equation the need for another leftback if Dan Harding refuses to sign a new contract.

"I have never been confident we will sign Alan, because I have always felt he might need more money than we can give him," McGhee said.

"I am thinking more and more along the lines of last year to save ourselves money. We could go with Michel and one of the young lads."

Youngster Chris May was used as cover for Kuipers for much of last season, when Ben Roberts was out with back trouble which eventually forced him to retire.

Former Arsenal keeper Rami Shaaban, signed on a short-term basis in January when Kuipers hurt his shoulder, has ruled out returning to Albion on a permanent deal.

McGhee is not interested in re-signing former Albion target man Chris Iwelumo, who wants to resume his career in England following a season in Germany.

"His agent has been phoning us trying to get him back here but he is not good enough for the Championship," McGhee said.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I though he was quite shite...I was wrong

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Bearing in mind that he was at Stoke for a long time he never set the world alight there. I liked the bloke and he has had ONE GOOD SEASON in the Championship but Charlton will find that he's no replacement for Bent.
He got 10 for Stoke, which would have done for us.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
unnameable said:
Charlton want Colchester striker Chris Iwulemo to shoot them straight back into the top-flight. (The Daily Star)

And to think that McGhee released him because he thought he wasn't good enough for the Championship. I'm pro-McGhee. But he called that one wrong.

Sorry if fixtures.
get the facts first please:angry:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I saw Iwelumo allot last season (my company sponsored Col U) and he was EXACTLY the same as he was when he was with us.....a big lump that caused the odd problem but was shit with the ball at his feet and for such a big lump shit in in the air.

The reason he scored so many goals last season was because he was playing in a very good attacking side that scored goals generally. IMO he's probably no better or worse than Savage.

I wasn't sad to see him go at the time and having seen him last season I'm still not disappointed that we didn't keep him on regardless of the fact he got 17 goals (or what ever it was) in a division higher.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Re: Re: Chris Iwulemo (Transfer Rumour)

Withdean Wanderer said:
That's not true. McGhee wanted to sign him, but Iwelumo wanted a 'relocation package', meaning we'd have to pay for a house for him. We couldn't afford that, so off he went to Germany.
when he was returning from germany mcghee said he'd been contacted by his agent but didn't think he was wat we were looking for

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Make me two.

Nope don't remember you raving about him, you were too involved defending ickle Leon at the time I think. :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hindsight being a wonderful thing, I thought that was the biggest mistake not bringing him back.

(bear in miid that it would hardly have been Mcghee's decision ALONE not to do so)

I just wonder whether we have got a little more out of little Leon if Big Chris had come back.

There seemed to have a bit of a relationship when they were both here and I wonder whether he would have been a positive influence on him.

Probably not.. oh well

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Make me two.

You've gone off to find some old threads to back this up haven't you? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here