Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He did bring him here in the 1st place though...

McGhee is also starting to make a mockery of your oft quoted suggestion that his teams start to fall apart after a year in charge

BBC SPORT | Football | Scottish Premier

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Iwelumo was utter gash for us. Credit to him for managing to somehow have a career as a striker but I think MM made the right decision, even though it was more about the useless lanky twat wanting to leave.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
McGhee wanted to sign him but the club wouldn't buy him a house, if you recall.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
McGhee wanted to sign him but the club wouldn't buy him a house, if you recall.

McGhee definitely said he didn't think he was good enough when he wanted to come back after a year with Aachen. At the time 99% of Albion fans seemed to agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Was it a house he asked for or a relocation package (i.e. the difference in proce between a flat in Stoke and a flat in Brighton)?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
The little I saw of Iwelumo is thought he was f***ing GASH. Just because he has improved, doesn't mean MM got it wrong.

What about Darius Henderson? He was utter TOILET for us but went on to play in The Premiership. Does that mean Coppell was an idiot for not signing him up?

Oct 25, 2003
The little I saw of Iwelumo is thought he was f***ing GASH. Just because he has improved, doesn't mean MM got it wrong.

What about Darius Henderson? He was utter TOILET for us but went on to play in The Premiership. Does that mean Coppell was an idiot for not signing him up?

good point

i remember when henderson was here people were calling for him to be replaced by CHRIS MCPHEE

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It's similar to Baz Savage and his goal scoring record for us compared to former clubs. Sometimes players just fit better into different teams. Get over it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It was a relocation package first time round, not a house.

Second time round he wanted re-join us (without the relocation package), but McGhee said he wasn't good enough.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he has certainaly proved mcghee wrong thats for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here