Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The clubs biggest mistake on the playing front in recent years. Hindsight I know, but I suspect he may have helped Leon behave himself

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was it a house he asked for or a relocation package (i.e. the difference in proce between a flat in Stoke and a flat in Brighton)?

Is the correct answer, but don't let a sensationalist comments get in the way of dragging up old and irrelevent news.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We would never have been able to match the deal he was getting in Germany anyway.

As he "made up" with Mcghee later, not actually convinced they actually fell out - I was suprised at Mcghee's comments when he offered his services.

Mcghee in retrospect was wrong.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The little I saw of Iwelumo is thought he was f***ing GASH. Just because he has improved, doesn't mean MM got it wrong.

What about Darius Henderson? He was utter TOILET for us but went on to play in The Premiership. Does that mean Coppell was an idiot for not signing him up?

Not wishing to be rude, but doesn't this prove that you are a bad judge of strikers.

Iwelumo looked quality! IMO. And won the penalty that promoted the Albion in Cardiff.

Henderson did all right but Brighton fans are traditionally negative about big centre forwards.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yes in 2004 he did demand a silly relocation package so when did not sign him.

However we were offered him again in 2005 when he wanted to come back to the UK and McGhee went on record saying that he was not good enough for the Championship, so he went to Colchester, we got relegated, Colchester got promoted and he has since scored goals in the Championship for Colchester, Charlton and the Yam Yams.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well UB he got it wrong with Lumo but got it right with Leon Shite....you cant win them all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here