Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't say it was a basket case either, but it was more an idea, vision and plan in the making than the sorted structured and ( in the case of Lancing) built substructure of a roots up club that Hairy Porter walked into CH was a significant part of that process.

I've no idea what's behind the first team @ Forest but it doesn't appear to be anything like BHA now or even 6 years ago

Not sure I'd agree that Hughton had a significant part of everything that happened off the pitch. The Academy was opened the year he joined so all the plans were in place before his appointment. Where he did make a difference was on the pitch plus of course he was excellent in being the figurehead for the clubs reaction to the Shoreham crash.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The rate they go through managers
The owners link to his Greek club and some of the ‘actions’ the benefitted both clubs
The owners charge for match fixing
Arrest for drug trafficking

Hughton is their 9th manager in 5 years.

But you're ignoring the positives............................................

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Forest fans frustrated because when they need to chase the game after going behind he will not change the formation of 2 banks of 4 and 1 up front or make attacking substitutions.
They think he is far too rigid.
Well I never.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Forest fans frustrated because when they need to chase the game after going behind he will not change the formation of 2 banks of 4 and 1 up front or make attacking substitutions.
They think he is far too rigid.
Well I never.

He doesn't have the players to do anything - he has five first-team players missing today because of injury - Forest are down to bare threads at the moment and he is raiding the U23s for the subs bench

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
After 60 mins Forest haven’t had a single shot on goal

As a fan , it’s hard work watching that , we should know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That'll get him sacked tonight.

IF they are that light of decent players it could be a blessing so early in the season, another club in trouble in the Championship will be in for him shortly imo. Needs to pick his next club very carefully though.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He doesn't have the players to do anything - he has five first-team players missing today because of injury - Forest are down to bare threads at the moment and he is raiding the U23s for the subs bench

he deployed a 6-3-1 for us with a full squad, he'll not change now

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Then you would have thought that the board and the fans would understand and back the players and Chis through a tough period.
Unfortunately for a lot of clubs that does not happen.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They’ve managed two shots now, none on target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Then you would have thought that the board and the fans would understand and back the players and Chis through a tough period.
Unfortunately for a lot of clubs that does not happen.

Most fans want instant success - and these days most owners do too. Forest fans harp back to the Clough era - forgetting the fact that in his first season Clough had Forest 16th in the old Second Division -with better players than they have now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really ? What’s that got to do with Hughton ?

And Bournemouth , Sheff Utd hardly benefiting

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Really ? What’s that got to do with Hughton ?

And Bournemouth , Sheff Utd hardly benefiting

Bournemouth were there or these abouts last season before going out by a late goal to Brentford in the play-offs - this season they are currently 7th and undefeated after 4 games.

Sheff Utd are in a bit of a rut - but apart from the hammering by WBA they have been very unlucky - I think they will turn it around pretty quickly, they have some very good players.

Hughton was stuck with a bloated aging squad that needed a major clear out - and I suspect that he was promised the ownership would back him with new players - that hasn't happened - and to compound the problem, some of his best players are injured. Today he had an 18 year-old kid making his debut at RB and Bong (who was supposed to be out the door) at LB. With Worrall, Soh, Osei-Tutu, Gabriel out injured - Hughton has just two fit defenders in his first team squad. He currently has 14 fit players from his first team squad - and that is down to the ownership who have done nothing to bring players in during the summer.

As for the impact of parachute payments - the average income of a Championship club with parachute payments is £50million - for those without = £20million.There are currently 8 teams in the Championship in receipt of parachute payments - the three relegated last year get more than £40milllion each. Unless you have an owner willing to stump up that much each year then your club is losing pace with the teams that benefit from the parachute payments (and previous revenues from the PL).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bournemouth were there or these abouts last season before going out by a late goal to Brentford in the play-offs - this season they are currently 7th and undefeated after 4 games.

Sheff Utd are in a bit of a rut - but apart from the hammering by WBA they have been very unlucky - I think they will turn it around pretty quickly, they have some very good players.

Hughton was stuck with a bloated aging squad that needed a major clear out - and I suspect that he was promised the ownership would back him with new players - that hasn't happened - and to compound the problem, some of his best players are injured. Today he had an 18 year-old kid making his debut at RB and Bong (who was supposed to be out the door) at LB. With Worrall, Soh, Osei-Tutu, Gabriel out injured - Hughton has just two fit defenders in his first team squad. He currently has 14 fit players from his first team squad - and that is down to the ownership who have done nothing to bring players in during the summer.

As for the impact of parachute payments - the average income of a Championship club with parachute payments is £50million - for those without = £20million.There are currently 8 teams in the Championship in receipt of parachute payments - the three relegated last year get more than £40milllion each. Unless you have an owner willing to stump up that much each year then your club is losing pace with the teams that benefit from the parachute payments (and previous revenues from the PL).

Parachute payments have been around for 15 years.

Anyway, ye ye Chris is flawless etc. But the most likely scenario is that he will get sacked and whoever replaces him will do better. Thats the most likely scenario. He got their worst win rate in ten years and they play absolutely dire, defensive, coward football, because thats how the manager set them up to play. Regardless of what he did in Brighton and how Irish he is, its pathetic to watch. Poor mans Tony Pulis.

Who knows how good or bad the squad is when no one allows them to try to play football. I've seen worse squads produce a lot more points and entertainment than Hughton is achieving at Nottingham.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Parachute payments have been around for 15 years.

Anyway, ye ye Chris is flawless etc. But the most likely scenario is that he will get sacked and whoever replaces him will do better. Thats the most likely scenario. He got their worst win rate in ten years and they play absolutely dire, defensive, coward football, because thats how the manager set them up to play. Regardless of what he did in Brighton and how Irish he is, its pathetic to watch. Poor mans Tony Pulis.

Who knows how good or bad the squad is when no one allows them to try to play football. I've seen worse squads produce a lot more points and entertainment than Hughton is achieving at Nottingham.

Oh dear, he (JRG) ain't gonna like that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here