Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve never had a second club, but now CH is in charge of Forest, I hope they do well and will be watching their results.

It won't be my second club, but I will be looking out for their results, in the same way that I look out for the results of clubs that have taken one of our youngsters on loan, and hoping they do well.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
No.

Leeds are bigger. Three league titles in three different decades. Forest barely won a thing until Clough turned up and have never come close to winning anything since.

Jose Mourinho said it all. "I walked all the way [around the city] and when I saw the stadium I thought: 'Are you kidding me - this club won the European Cup? Twice?'

"It was a nice stadium and a nice city, but it was a small place. It was the size of the stadium that really took me aback.

"A small stadium, a small crowd - I looked around and tried to take it in."

That’s great.

But had Forest won the League two years running we would not be having the conversation. But it was the European Cup.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
No.

Leeds are bigger. Three league titles in three different decades. Forest barely won a thing until Clough turned up and have never come close to winning anything since.

Jose Mourinho said it all. "I walked all the way [around the city] and when I saw the stadium I thought: 'Are you kidding me - this club won the European Cup? Twice?'

"It was a nice stadium and a nice city, but it was a small place. It was the size of the stadium that really took me aback.

"A small stadium, a small crowd - I looked around and tried to take it in."

But they did didn't they

And you can never take that away

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But they did didn't they

And you can never take that away
Forest are, I think, the only club that have won the European Cup more times than they won their league (that's the European CUP - 'Champions' League doesn't count).
That's some record - which can't ever be beaten!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Only 5 English clubs have ever won the European Cup, Forest back to back, and for me that usurps any argument about their overall history,, but I totally agree that it’s obviously dependent on the individual’s subjective criteria.

Number 1) honestly no idea.

Really, no idea! Not sure if there is an element of sarcasm ther but if not, surely based on the criteria you used for Forest being a big club then surely top of the list is Liverpool, 6 European/champions league wins, 19 league titles etc etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Historically Forest are bigger. Present day Albion are. But the point of this thread was to try and tarnish the name of a great man who we all love - by reading too much into a nothing comment. And it didn’t work, much like your 5pm announcement joke of a thread. Poor.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolutely delighted that Knocky has gone to Forest on loan! Just shows how much he loves Chris and Chris loves him. Very excited to look out for Forest's scores this season and wish those two Albion legends every success! Will always love them and gave me my greatest era supporting the Albion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dunno about that. Maybe in England, but if you are below 50 and living elsewhere in the world... not sure a lot would have them on their list. It all depends on the criterias though. Are they a top 10 club counted in nice trophys etc? Most likely. Top 10 in being "well-known" etc? More questionable.

Probably varies from country to country but in Sweden (and possibly Scandinavia) I would say these are the teams with most supporters:

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Manchester City
6. Aston Villa
7. Tottenham
8. Everton
9. Leeds
10. Wolverhampton

But then again.. "global support" is just one of many criterias you could use to decide the biggest clubs.

Villa are not bigger than Spurs... Spurs have underachieved ......though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Definitely underachieved. But as the biggest club in our second city there is not much to choose between them.

Probably right. Why tho DKM are Birmingham just so Shiite ?

I know it’s a scummy area but where villa play is crap as well.

I think that could be a giant club

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
... they may not as big as United or City or Liverpool; very few are - but still they're a pretty decent sized club.

I would say they're bigger than City. City didn't have a great record until they started buying success. Forest won big trophies playing on a level playing field.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would say they're bigger than City. City didn't have a great record until they started buying success. Forest won big trophies playing on a level playing field.

Like it or not, Citeh are way ahead of most other clubs now. Money talks, everything else walks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here