Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Eubank Saturday night

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Chris Eubank Junior scheduled to make his pro debut on Saturday night live on Channel 5 on the Tyson Fury undercard.

Should be interesting to see if he is a chip off the old block.

Probably a lot easier for you to say than it would be for his dad.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Ive seen him box as an amateur and know someone who boxes at the same gym as him, he rates him. However his Dad was massively underrated, it will be a long hard road to get to his Dads level.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ive seen him box as an amateur and know someone who boxes at the same gym as him, he rates him. However his Dad was massively underrated, it will be a long hard road to get to his Dads level.

I don't think he was ever under-rated, I think he was just hated.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
I don't think he was ever under-rated, I think he was just hated.

When i mean under-rated i meant that the history of boxing wont look on how good he was, because of the personality he had. I cant think of any boxer in the last 25 years that would have knocked him out, he could punch and at times showed fantastic boxing skills. I cant remember a british boxer being in so many fight of the year candidates.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When I lived in the Worthing area I used to go to packed bars to watch him fight against the likes of Watson and Benn and I'd be the only one supporting him! He did have a terribly irritating personality and he was sometimes far too lazy in the ring. But when it mattered he got the job done and I was always the one (and I mean one) cheering for him.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Eubank was never quite the same after the Watson fight.

Didn't his people want to do a fight at the Goldstone in the Archer and Bellotti era?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

17 World title defences, not many go past that

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Went to the Benn fight at the NEC in 1990, got to be one of the most exciting fights I have ever seen, both were pretty much all in at the end.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Julian Jackson would have flattened him.

we will never know but jackson was beat by Gerald McClellan. and we know what benndone to him
we also know what eubamk done to benn so my money would be on eubanks

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Julian Jackson would have flattened him.

I used to love watching Julian Jackson box, but Herol Graham was beating him to the punch, and basically making him look old and slow, which by then he was I supposed. That would have been the Jackson that Eubank would have come up against as their careers didn't really coincide at their peaks, and THAT Jackson would have got beaten by Eubank, as he wouldn't have walked onto the shot that Graham did. It was a savage punch, that landed as well as any punch I've ever seen, but Eubank had a superior defence to Graham.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Didn't his people want to do a fight at the Goldstone in the Archer and Bellotti era?[/QUOTE]

It was a Barry Hearn 'deal' that thye club were wise to turn down.

Bascially Hearn and Sky would tell the Albion who Eubank would fight, Hearn and his fighter would receive a flat fee* from the club who would then be responsible for tickets sales etc.

This was after Benn at Old T and well before the Collins fights, the opponent would have been crap as part of Eubanks sky world tour and the Albion would have lost money on the night without a doubt.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Should be interesting to see if he is a chip off the old block.

He certainly IS a chip off the old block, but that is not to say he will be as good. There is no way anyone could predict that at this stage of his career, but he is a lot like his old man.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
he's been america training has had some of the best trainers so no excuses

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I agree with this, he never seemed to want to go for the knock out after that.

The one I remember was his fight with Carl Thompson, he had him wobbling all over the place, one more good punch would of ended it, but he just held back and never went for it. I was SCREAMING at the tv for him to finish him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here