Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Eubank Saturday night

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Didn't his people want to do a fight at the Goldstone in the Archer and Bellotti era?

It was a Barry Hearn 'deal' that thye club were wise to turn down.

Bascially Hearn and Sky would tell the Albion who Eubank would fight, Hearn and his fighter would receive a flat fee* from the club who would then be responsible for tickets sales etc.

This was after Benn at Old T and well before the Collins fights, the opponent would have been crap as part of Eubanks sky world tour and the Albion would have lost money on the night without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

This was during the bum of the month tour on SKY, he actually did fight some good boxers during this time. Arguably his win in Germany against Rocchigiani was one of the finest of his career. Not many British fighters win in Germany and not many cop a points decision.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree with this, he never seemed to want to go for the knock out after that.

I think it was always in the back of his mind that landing the knockout punch might be lethal.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think it was always in the back of his mind that landing the knockout punch might be lethal.

Eubank-Watson 2, I just watched that 11th Round again on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SrCVph8-u0 it was brutal! I remember I was about 16 and watching it at our house with all the family, uncles and mates. I was the only one supporting Eubank. A roar went up in our front room when Watson knocked Eubank down, then Eubank gets straight up and lands THAT uppercut, watson down and I fell off my chair screaming "YEEEESSSSS!!!" to Silence from everyone else, it was fantastic at the time. However there should NEVER have been a 12th round and even though the damage to Watson had already been done, Watson needed medical attention, not a 12th round. It is hard to watch the moment the ref actually pushes Watson towards Eubank for the 12th, the man could hardly walk. That fight nearly killed Watson and I'm sure it impacted on Eubank from then on whenever he went it the ring, as said, he always held back the knock out blow. It is a moment that has changed boxing for the better and also showed that Eubank was always at his best when he was under pressure and on the back foot. Whenever he fought anyone that didn't come at him, it made for a bad fight, Eubank needed opponents that came at him, then you had a real fight with some amazing boxing!

Warning, don't watch the you tube clip if you are sensitive to that sort of thing, it is hard to watch.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Never under rated or hated by me - I really loved watching him box and always thought he was amazing with vastly superior skill.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Just listened to Steve Bunce's boxing show featuring Mick Hennesey sounding very excited about signing Eubank JNR. He said he watched him spar 6 rounds with Nathan Cleverley and that was enough to know he is something a bit special. I might be wrong but I thought he had been over in America learning the art and competed in the Golden gloves tournament.
I look forward to seeing his debut.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As impressive as he is looking, I just hope the hype doesn't get too big, too early.

He's fighting a punchbag with legs, and that needs to be born in mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't forget UFC 135 is on later :)

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
the promise is there, going to follow his carer with great interest. lovin hearing the ring announcer say 'from Brighton, Chris Eubannnnnnnnnnnnk, junor'!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Did what he had to do, got some rounds in and looked decent....job done so far as tonight is concerned, and good luck to him from here on.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Very good debut. He's in great shape and didn't once look jaded.

Will enjoy following his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here