Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chips - how often do you eat them

Chips our great British tradition. Around 'ere in Hackney it was impossible to find a chip shop, let alone a decent one.
But from out of no-where, two great chippies have arrived. Bags of chips enough to feed any family, great taste, texture and a large bag for a price of a chemical burger from Mc Donalds.

Chips are now apart again of my diet and roll on tonight.:clap2:

LC

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Believe or not I never touch them now.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Maybe once a month, have a superb fish and chip shop just round the corner from home, would be rude not to.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
about once a month over the summer more often in the footie season as I tend to get fish and chips on the way home after home games

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Not had chip shop chips for months, all the chippies up here are sh1te, god knows what they cook them in, as for the one in town.. Tribells oh my god you can taste the chip grease the next morning, all at work avoid it like the plague and they are all chip scoffing notherners apart from the chap from Bristol who sides with me on the chippes up here being cr@p.

Yet you travel to Scarborough or Whitby and they are gorgeous.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
once a month in summer. When the football season starts my junk food intake increases big time . . .especially for away games.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Its all about Bardsleys in Baker Street. Their Chips are the shiznit.

Goring Gull said:
Not had chip shop chips for months, all the chippies up here are sh1te, god knows what they cook them in, as for the one in town.. Tribells oh my god you can taste the chip grease the next morning, all at work avoid it like the plague and they are all chip scoffing notherners apart from the chap from Bristol who sides with me on the chippes up here being cr@p.

Yet you travel to Scarborough or Whitby and they are gorgeous.

Probably good old BSC fat.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My favourite part of any chipshop experience is picking out the chinaman's moustache hair from somewhere deep within the greasy heart of the packet.

I had a packet on Saturday. They were beauties. And i ate some last night in a gastro-pub. Mmmm.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Far to often. the two battered cods in south manchester are really good- and lived 5 minutes away from one last year and 5 minutes away from the other this year. one day my metabolism will drop and ill be f***ed!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
battered cod would be alright if they didn't give you enough to feed the five thousand. maybe that's where jesus got the idea.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Tesco in Disguise said:
battered cod would be alright if they didn't give you enough to feed the five thousand. maybe that's where jesus got the idea.

Then you find yourself still picking at them four hours later at 3 am, waking up the next morning wondering why you've got chronic indegestion and/or heartburn!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here