Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Pies

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't speak about anything sensitive, you are wise. I hope Azure order more for the Barnsley game. And hopefully enough so that I can scoff one afterwards aswell. I spoke to the ladies in the middle serving hatch of the East and suggested/requested they keep a few things back for the end of the game, not specifically for me but with me in mind. They were reluctant to comply. Wise women.

That's true. Wise not to piss off Azure in your situation. However, I'm free to point out that they're utterly f***ing hopeless at stadium catering despite all their claims of expertise.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If you haven'y tried them stop defending them. I know it's your Mothers Business and only wish her well but every one so far is so very far away from the product so readily bigged up on here it's unreal.

Steak ones have so much herbs they repeat all day, and the next. Chickien so dry it was almost impossible to eat without a drink (no hint of ham either) Veggie is best, good texture and filling is deep.

Will pass that on

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If you haven'y tried them stop defending them. I know it's your Mothers Business and only wish her well but every one so far is so very far away from the product so readily bigged up on here it's unreal.

Steak ones have so much herbs they repeat all day, and the next. Chickien so dry it was almost impossible to eat without a drink (no hint of ham either) Veggie is best, good texture and filling is deep.

Also read my post again, did clearly state I couldn't comment on Steak and Veggie pies

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's true. Wise not to piss off Azure in your situation. However, I'm free to point out that they're utterly f***ing hopeless at stadium catering despite all their claims of expertise.

My catering encounters today in the WSU...

- Pre-game: literally no queue, but having not worked we were there earlier than most.

- 10 mins before half-time (with child who needed to go): she wanted a hot dog but they had none. I think they had, literally, everything else. But, still, no hot dogs - really? Burger ordered instead and the feedback was positive on it.

However as we came down from block G, I noticed who I assume to be an Azure supervisor telling the girl in the "pie and pint" start to begin pre-pouring for halftime. A few minutes later, probably around 5 minutes before halftime we passed again and there was not a single pint pre-poured. The server was happily chatting away and doing no pre-pouring. She was the only server at the kiosk so, had she actually been serving at that time instead of nattering, she'd not have had the chance to pre-pour anyway.

Intention to pre-pour: 9/10.
Actually pre-pouring 0/10.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

And a comment on previous steak pies ... keep the herbs. They may not be to everyone's taste, but they suit me very nicely.

And no ... I don't want soggy pies, dripping with some sort of gravy-like substance.

Fur Cough

I am in a mnority of one. please ignore me.

i will not however be purchasing any more pies, or anything else from The Amex for that matter. The staff are worse than any outlet I have had the misfortune to spend my hard earned money on. Not that the staff have anything to do with Piglets Pantry.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I am in a mnority of one. please ignore me.

i will not however be purchasing any more pies, or anything else from The Amex for that matter. The staff are worse than any outlet I have had the misfortune to spend my hard earned money on. Not that the staff have anything to do with Piglets Pantry.

All about opinions, fair enough if you don't like them

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I was intending to buy a pie tonight however they were sold out 20 minutes before the match in WSL.
Had to have a burger which was disgusting. Withdean burgers tasted better!

pies are great,
burgers are shite,
pies are great,
burgers are shite,
pies are great,
burgers are shite,..............and so on......

Fur Cough

All about opinions, fair enough if you don't like them

Thats very big of you, in case you're interseted, although i rather think you only really want to hear positive feedback,

It's the herbs on the crust that are causing the problem, not the base. but i guess you donn't want to hear that.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here