Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Pies

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah it's my mothers business, I'm helping her out part time whilst at university. The smell of pies at the stadium makes me sick as I work with it all week. Unfortuantely we can only supply the amount asked from Azure, which 6000 was the amount for this weeks game. Had production problems for the Hull game which led to a lack of pies last week, but back to the usual now

I'm extremely disappointed Azure only order 6,000. Do you have the capacity to produce more than that?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I preferred the originals but these were still nice. Was there a hint of cheese in there?

I can't understand people slagging them so much, they're on a different planet to that pukka pie shite. I've had one bad go so far where it had obviously been left under the heat and was rock solid. The rest have been great, remember its a 3.50 pie at football, it ain't a michelin star restaurant

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Has anyone attempted the pie 'hat-trick', mentioned on here before? One of each flavour - eaten before the game, at half-time, and after the end of the match? It's gotta be done...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would say so yes. But Azure had a right to be careful with the order after last week, if they didn't have enough substitute products then they are losing out on revenue for sure

How many were ordered and delivered for the previous games, if it's ok to reveal that information? Just out of curiosity, because if 6k is the standard, Azure are short-changing themselves. If it is just a reaction to the problems before Hull, then fair enough to a certain extent. It's a catch 22 situation potentially, to keep quality high the supply might have to be lower than we could actually sell.... Get a bigger oven, miss Piglet!

Fur Cough

Ignore the order of Azure you're saying then?

If you can't fulfill the order with the quality that was assured by Piglets Pantry then yes, Go back to being a small business with a good name. So far It is quite the reverse of a quality product and you are harming the name

I'm sure I will be perloined by this but by christ the pies are shit..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

:tosser: Shambles of a post. Absolute shambles. You would have lost all sorts of reputation for that, back in the day. For those who like pies, the Piglet pies are quality.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you can't fulfill the order with the quality that was assured by Piglets Pantry then yes, Go back to being a small business with a good name. So far It is quite the reverse of a quality product and you are harming the name

Nonsense.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Can't talk on behalf of the Steak or veggie pies as I haven' ever had those. But the chicken pies are of a quality that is close to that in the shop we had before. It isn't me trying to 'big' the pies up in any way as they are selling 6000 a game still so there isn't any need to. I'll pass the comments on, which pies are you talking about here?

Fur Cough

:tosser: Shambles of a post. Absolute shambles. You would have lost all sorts of reputation for that, back in the day. For those who like pies, the Piglet pies are quality.

Shambles of a retort, you have no idea of the pies I have had nor the ones of my friends.:moo:

And who ever gave a f*** about reputation unless you wnated to tow the party line. :facepalm:

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How many were ordered and delivered for the previous games, if it's ok to reveal that information? Just out of curiosity, because if 6k is the standard, Azure are short-changing themselves. If it is just a reaction to the problems before Hull, then fair enough to a certain extent. It's a catch 22 situation potentially, to keep quality high the supply might have to be lower than we could actually sell.... Get a bigger oven, miss Piglet!

Not sure if I'm allowed to say about the problems of last week, will get confimation before saying anything out of turn. If they still order the same as this week after selling out then that could be seen as a bad move on Azure's behalf

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander

All those MackyD's must have gone to your brain, my good man.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Shambles of a retort, you have no idea of the pies I have had nor the ones of my friends.:moo:

And who ever gave a f*** about reputation unless you wnated to tow the party line. :facepalm:

I don't blame the Piglet for that! I had a shocker of a pie in the West Stand Upper prior to Sunderland, and I had a shocker before the Hull game (brought from the East). I've had atleast 20 pies now, and I can honestly say only 2 have been disappointing. That is a fantastic average, so I can only defend the pie-people. And defend I must, for the pies must NEVER be taken away from me.
:jester:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't talk on behalf of the Steak or veggie pies as I haven' ever had those. But the chicken pies are of a quality that is close to that in the shop we had before. It isn't me trying to 'big' the pies up in any way as they are selling 6000 a game still so there isn't any need to. I'll pass the comments on, which pies are you talking about here?

I wouldn't bother. File that feedback under 'bin'. I've not met anyone yet who thinks the pies are anything less than good, and most people rave about them. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not sure if I'm allowed to say about the problems of last week, will get confimation before saying anything out of turn. If they still order the same as this week after selling out then that could be seen as a bad move on Azure's behalf

Don't speak about anything sensitive, you are wise. I hope Azure order more for the Barnsley game. And hopefully enough so that I can scoff one afterwards aswell. I spoke to the ladies in the middle serving hatch of the East and suggested/requested they keep a few things back for the end of the game, not specifically for me but with me in mind. They were reluctant to comply. Wise women.

Fur Cough

If you haven'y tried them stop defending them. I know it's your Mothers Business and only wish her well but every one so far is so very far away from the product so readily bigged up on here it's unreal.

Steak ones have so much herbs they repeat all day, and the next. Chickien so dry it was almost impossible to eat without a drink (no hint of ham either) Veggie is best, good texture and filling is deep.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I wouldn't bother. File that feedback under 'bin'. I've not met anyone yet who thinks the pies are anything less than good, and most people rave about them. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Shouldn't get complacent though. Mrs P always likes to hear feedback on the pies, Talking of which they are now supplied to Caffe Pitti

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here