Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Pies

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No ham in mine at all tonight, which I found ironic given that I'm in the wsu and we were playing west ham

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I have given these pies a fair trail, people have praised them all season so I thought it must be me but....
The pies were a disgrace again tonight, firstly they had run out at one of the WSU bars before 7.30. Went to the north end bar where they still had some. I could have hammered nails in with that pastry.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
anyone notice that they tasted much better they have more sauce in them and are no londer dry, just thought Id add some positivity on here :whistle:

Are you sure????? Whenever I've had them they were so dry they were impossible to eat unless simultaneously imbibing vast quantities of Harveys (not necessarily a bad thing, but....).

Willing to give them another go on your recommendation tho...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Was waiting for a thread on this subject, I thought it was spot on tonight. And I drink Kronenbourg, which they don't appear to always have sitting on the counter in the East, so that was poured especially for me... Perfection. The pie was riddled with ham and was at the perfect consumption temperature, I found a ledge to rest on and watch the news of Sven's sacking on Sky Sports News, and walked straight into the gents for a quick pre-game pee. Then the match started.

The toilets are tiny though, I can understand why there is such a queue. I haven't used the facilities at the Amex before now, so I was amazed at how small it was...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
not at all bad.. once cooled down fron nuke level hotness.. ;-0)
This. My C&H purchased in WSU at around 7.15pm was far too hot. I can normally demolish a pie in a few bites but this thermonuclear device could only be carefully nibbled unless you wanted to lose the roof of your mouth.

As Mrs G. would say, they can't do right for doing wrong...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Was told no hot food anywhere in WSU at half time by the time i'd queued up for 10 mins
I wonder if this is weather-related? Surely pie consumption must increase on rainy autumnal evenings... I hope this doesn't mean we're in for a pie-less winter. Can someone draw a graph? Thanks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
6000 pies ordered and delivered this week if anyone was interested

So if mjm was unable to get a pie, that presumably means around 6,000 were eaten. That's one pie per 3.4 fans. We're gonna end up with the fattest supporters in the league at this rate...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
100% sure

Presumably you're involved with the Pantry then? If so, fantastic pies. Absolutely fantastic, but we need more than 6,000! I alone would put away 2 pies per game if there as supply, I want one after as much as before! I am amazed at the lack of food at the Amex. It really does need to be sorted out and quickly, the money that all parties are losing out on is potentially extremely significant.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Presumably you're involved with the Pantry then? If so, fantastic pies. Absolutely fantastic, but we need more than 6,000! I alone would put away 2 pies per game if there as supply, I want one after as much as before! I am amazed at the lack of food at the Amex. It really does need to be sorted out and quickly, the money that all parties are losing out on is potentially extremely significant.

Yeah it's my mothers business, I'm helping her out part time whilst at university. The smell of pies at the stadium makes me sick as I work with it all week. Unfortuantely we can only supply the amount asked from Azure, which 6000 was the amount for this weeks game. Had production problems for the Hull game which led to a lack of pies last week, but back to the usual now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here