Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cherries in trouble again

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think what he was getting at is that plenty of people have got what you might call crisis-fatigue.

Loads of clubs have gone through this now, going into administration, pleading for donations, appealing to fans' sense of history, waving around the threat of a winding up order and then- hey presto!- someone comes through at the last minute and saves them.

Granted, I wouldn't like it to happen to us, but if it did, I wouldn't expect (say) Darlington fans, or Norwich fans to be queuing up to assist. Fans United was, despite the attempts to revive it since, a one off, and unless someone comes up with something equally inspired, we won't see the likes again.

Bournemouth, it has to be said, must be particularly badly managed, as they seem to go through one of these crises every couple of years. They sold the stadium to clear their debts, yet if newspaper reports are to be believed, they are in as much debt now as they were when they still owned the place. They've been taken over numerous times- community club, my arse- and frankly it looks like they're run by a bunch of amateurs.

The last club to go to the wall whilst still in the League was either Maidstone or Aldershot, I forget which. That was years ago. Clubs usually survive, and I'm sure Bournemouth will. Again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The solution? Boycott Sky.

gboycottDM230107_228x323.jpg

:bigwave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The last club to go to the wall whilst still in the League was either Maidstone or Aldershot, I forget which. That was years ago. Clubs usually survive, and I'm sure Bournemouth will. Again.

I can only think of ex-league clubs going bust (Scarborough etc.) and they are out of sight and out of mind.

I think that is the key point here and why the FA and various other authorities are happy to rest on their laurels. No one goes bust, everything is 'fine' in the end and crises are forgotten. Well, Rotherham and Bournemouth are being plagued by ongoing problems and I really think we are going to see a league club disappear soon.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can only think of ex-league clubs going bust (Scarborough etc.) and they are out of sight and out of mind.

I think that is the key point here and why the FA and various other authorities are happy to rest on their laurels. No one goes bust, everything is 'fine' in the end and crises are forgotten. Well, Rotherham and Bournemouth are being plagued by ongoing problems and I really think we are going to see a league club disappear soon.

Well on a brighter nore, Accrington and now it looks like Aldershot have found their way back.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Remind me how many fans Bournemouth brought to Withdean ???

And your point is..........?

Whether Bournemouth go out of business or not is open to debate, but for you to say "who cares" is a reckless thing to say. For me a club should be at the heart of it's community and that breeds it's own success. The problems start when over ambitous directors start making grandious plans without the means to sustain them and hey presto five years down the line they're not in the Champions League final and the administrator has just parked his car in the car park.

They need to take a reality check and realise that maybe playing in the league they currently occupy and a brief flirtation with the play off's every now and then is about as good as it gets. And that applies to the majority of clubs and not just Bournemouth.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Er, Ernest is just a wind-up merchant lads 'n lasses. Pay him no mind.

While Edna may well have a point about the apparent poor management of the club, that's hardly the die-hards' fault, nor the backroom staff who don't make decisions at boardroom level, nor the other clubs who stand to lose points if Bournemouth go pop. So for pragmatic as well as altruistic reasons, I hope they survive.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
And your point is..........?

Whether Bournemouth go out of business or not is open to debate, but for you to say "who cares" is a reckless thing to say. For me a club should be at the heart of it's community and that breeds it's own success. The problems start when over ambitous directors start making grandious plans without the means to sustain them and hey presto five years down the line they're not in the Champions League final and the administrator has just parked his car in the car park.

They need to take a reality check and realise that maybe playing in the league they currently occupy and a brief flirtation with the play off's every now and then is about as good as it gets. And that applies to the majority of clubs and not just Bournemouth.

I don't give a rats arse about Bournemouth or any club apart from the Albion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Remind me how many fans Bournemouth brought to Withdean ???

how does gogin to an away game, paying another club to watch the game, help exactly?

I don't give a rats arse about Bournemouth or any club apart from the Albion.

even when it might significantly affect Brighton's future?

what a cock.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sky isn't the SOLE reason for the problems obviously. But it has been largely responsible for creating the insurmountable gulf between the haves and the have-nots.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
waving around the threat of a winding up order and then- hey presto!- someone comes through at the last minute and saves them.

The thing is now if it does come to that this is the second time this season they would be given up a winding up order, they are already escaped Her majestys government one, i just really hope they dont go bust, would be such a shame to loose a club from the football league (even if it is our south coast rivals Bournemuff)

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Class act mate and we're so lucky to have you as a supporter. :shootself
Brightonbear
Seeing as you only registered in January, I will explain :
Ernest is the biggest wind up on here and is somewhat a cult figure, You either love him or hate him (I love Ernest's A.R.S.:lolol:) He "hates" everything and everyone but in actual fact is Albion through and through and a more dedicated fan you will struggle to find.
So Brightonbear sit back and laugh at him and don't take the bait Ernie's a legend whether people like him or not and this board wouldn't be quite the same without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here