Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham Festival 2022

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Been there for a wedding reception, other than that it appears it's only run for the Irish.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Animal cruelty is every much a part of horse racing, especially the Cheltenham Festival, as the betting on the horses taking part is. To deny this is very difficult when a horse dies in the very first race of the meeting.

Do what you must in terms of a ban, demonstrate your own moral compass.

Sigh.

See ya. In a week.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Feel free to create your own animal cruelty thread. This one is about horse racing at the Cheltenham Festival, a subject I know nothing about and have little interest in. It is however a legal activity and the OP has asked you politely twice not to derail the thread. Post about animal cruelty again on this thread and you’ll receive a thread ban and if I’m pissed off at the time a site ban.

As I say - if you wish to discuss animal cruelty create your own thread.

Ooh the power! Is this how Moderation works? What a sourpuss.

Last edited:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Let's get this back on track with Today's racing.

Ballymore - I backed Sir Gerhard in various specials last year for him to win the 2021 bumper and the Supreme / Ballymore / any race this year and stand to win £2.6k. I'm surprised at how short he is now and have laid off at 1.81 to win £600 at the cost of £485 to guarantee some pennies. Also backed I Am Maximus EW 16/1.

RSA - L'Homme Presse - I backed this at 14/1 last week when there were murmerings about switching from the Turners. I've been really impressed with his jumping and think he will really put Bravemansgame's jumping under pressure. He's won here this season too and I so no reason for him not staying the trip.

Coral Cup - another throw a dart race. I'm on Drop The Anchor at 9/1 and Commander Of Fleet EW 33/1.

Champion Chase - I backed Shishkin at 14/1 before last years Arkle and whilst I would really like Energumene to win for Tony Bloom I think Shishkin will do him again.

Cross Country - Tiger Roll surely wins this and I've had a bit of 5/2. This will be his last run and it may well turn into a lap of honour as he should be different class to this lot.

Grand Annual - Editeur Du Gite ew 12/1 backed him on Tuesday straight after the decs and pricewise has bok'd him since then which has collapsed the price. He has been in cracking form this season and won here twice and has only been put up six pounds for a good win here last time. Hopefully, he will give the Moore's a consolation winner after losing Shallwehaveonemore yesterday.

Bumper - all about the Irish here and I backed Redemption Day antepost at 9/1 and have added James's Gate ew at 16/1. Facile Vega has looked very good but all but omne of Mullins bumper wins have come outside their shortest in the betting.

Good luck.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Only 2 winners yesterday, today's bets are
1:30 Stage Star E/W
2:10 LeHomme Preese
2:50 The Bosses Oscar E/W
3:30 Envoi Allen E/W
4:10 Prengarde E/W
4:50 Andy Dufresne
5:30 Facile Vega

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Sit Gerhard seems short for my liking. Stage star EW for the opener
Beacon edge 12/1 EW 210
Indigo breeze ew 250
330 for the odds more tempted with tony horse win only
410 going for prengarde French cross country horse previously think he could get the better of the tiger although sentiment says you have got to want tiger to win
450 love it if Gary Moore wins. Not always had much luck around Cheltenham. Lot of front runners in this though like Gary’s if the go to strong one coming off the pace with stamina may come into play so Elier de nutz and Gary’s horse with both have some cash on
530 rosy redrum 33/1 EW

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Don't really fancy anything at all today but my free fiver from 365 has gone on Sky Pirate @14s so steer clear of that one :D

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The Coral Cup (2.50) is all but impossible so don't take my word for it. We're on some whatsapp groups with Hobbs yard lot for various things. They like Camprond and were expecting a JP wedge on it today. Surprised to still see it at 8s

Diesel D'Allier is an outstanding EW bet in the 4.10

Good luck all

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Animal cruelty is every much a part of horse racing, especially the Cheltenham Festival, as the betting on the horses taking part is. To deny this is very difficult when a horse dies in the very first race of the meeting.

Do what you must in terms of a ban, demonstrate your own moral compass.

I can't imagine how sad the owners must have felt with an empty stable last night. But it's that cruellest time of year. The fences should be lowered IMO.

Before I get slaughtered, this is the first year I am unable to bet on Cheltenham since 1997 due to personal problems but I wish everyone on here the very best in finding winners. I hope the bookies lose f***ing millions and are moaning about it come Saturday. :)

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
tip tops for today
1330 sir gerhard
1410 ahoy senor
1450 commander of fleet
1530 put the kettle on
1610 diesel d'allier
1650 a wave of the sea
1730 seabank bistro

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
1.30 I Am Maximus 20-1
2.10 Capodanno 8-1
2.50 The Shunter 12-1 ****
3.30 Energumene 4-1 E/W Lucky 15 and a E/W single on The Shunter .

4.10 Shady Operator 12-1
4.50 Amirillo Sky 9-1
5.30 Redemption Day 6-1 E/W Patent

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't imagine how sad the owners must have felt with an empty stable last night. But it's that cruellest time of year. The fences should be lowered IMO.

Before I get slaughtered, this is the first year I am unable to bet on Cheltenham since 1997 due to personal problems but I wish everyone on here the very best in finding winners. I hope the bookies lose f***ing millions and are moaning about it come Saturday. :)

It's the stablehands I feel for, many of them little more than kids. They have a far closer bond with their charges than the owners ever could. It would be like losing a much loved family pet

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Impressive from Sir Gerhard.

The clerk of the course done himself no favours by watering last night with heavy rain forecast Today, a very very strange decision.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's get this back on track with Today's racing.

Ballymore - I backed Sir Gerhard in various specials last year for him to win the 2021 bumper and the Supreme / Ballymore / any race this year and stand to win £2.6k. I'm surprised at how short he is now and have laid off at 1.81 to win £600 at the cost of £485 to guarantee some pennies. Also backed I Am Maximus EW 16/1.

RSA - L'Homme Presse - I backed this at 14/1 last week when there were murmerings about switching from the Turners. I've been really impressed with his jumping and think he will really put Bravemansgame's jumping under pressure. He's won here this season too and I so no reason for him not staying the trip.

Coral Cup - another throw a dart race. I'm on Drop The Anchor at 9/1 and Commander Of Fleet EW 33/1.

Champion Chase - I backed Shishkin at 14/1 before last years Arkle and whilst I would really like Energumene to win for Tony Bloom I think Shishkin will do him again.

Cross Country - Tiger Roll surely wins this and I've had a bit of 5/2. This will be his last run and it may well turn into a lap of honour as he should be different class to this lot.

Grand Annual - Editeur Du Gite ew 12/1 backed him on Tuesday straight after the decs and pricewise has bok'd him since then which has collapsed the price. He has been in cracking form this season and won here twice and has only been put up six pounds for a good win here last time. Hopefully, he will give the Moore's a consolation winner after losing Shallwehaveonemore yesterday.

Bumper - all about the Irish here and I backed Redemption Day antepost at 9/1 and have added James's Gate ew at 16/1. Facile Vega has looked very good but all but omne of Mullins bumper wins have come outside their shortest in the betting.

Good luck.

The rain might just be a great leveller and maybe work in TB's favour as a one-off. Fingers crossed!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Know sod all about horses, but PaddyPower offering a free £5 each day of the Festival. Read their "cheat sheet" to pick 4 horses and am 2 out of 2 so far :thumbsup:

Saint Felicien and Shishkin the next two

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just two singles and a double

2:50: No 9 Gowel Road
4:50: No 6 Before Midnight

3 being the magic number, i have never backed any horse that cannot does not go up in increments of 3....

I have also never had a double up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here