Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham Festival 2022

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had my first WIN, on race 2. My £1 E/W on Death Duty returning a whopping £2.70.

Now I need to decide what to spend it all on!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I was going to back Mighty Potter but recent form seems to be that it looks good at the start, sits in midfield and show much promise but ultimately fails to finish properly.:lolol:

I wasn't far out given the race write up from ATR

" mid-division, mistake 4th, mistake next, soon pushed along and lost place quickly, pulled up before 3 out"

Racing imitating football:whistle:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve certainly had better first days at The festival, plenty of races left yet though.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Haven't the first clue about horse racing, but what I do know, is that if you stand on Cleeve Hill on a sunny day, you get fantastic views of Cheltenham race course.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
PP offering a free fiver each day too it seems

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not a bad day, started with £25 and closed with £68 .

I got lucky with a 4 fold EW acca and needed Honeysuckle in the last leg.

Onwards and upwards

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Read the first post FFS. If you have nothing to add to the thread, don’t read it.

Honeysuckle superb again.

Oh, I see - it’s ok to ignore the cruelty associated to horse racing because others enjoy it and don’t want to face facts.

No I won’t refrain from posting about what is essentially a cruel and immoral so called “sport”.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Oh, I see - it’s ok to ignore the cruelty associated to horse racing because others enjoy it and don’t want to face facts.

No I won’t refrain from posting about what is essentially a cruel and immoral so called “sport”.

If you are a horse racing fan, yes it is.

Like he said, stay on your high horse (pun intended) and ignore the thread.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If you are a horse racing fan, yes it is.

Like he said, stay on your high horse (pun intended) and ignore the thread.

When is it ever right to ignore animal cruelty - I’m sure that activists against hare coursing etc. were often told to ignore it and let others enjoy their “sport”. Thankfully those that abhor animal cruelty continued to protest.

If you enjoy and support horse racing then be prepared to accept that you are also supporting animal cruelty. Don’t simply tell those pointing this out to “go away”

Last edited:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003

I’m not getting into a futile argument about the horses welfare and will block you as I see no point in reading what you have to say as you obviously have not taken any notice about not joining this thread.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Some cracking racing tomorrow, including the Champion Chase where Tony Blooms Energumene lines up looking to give him another festival winner. He’s really living the dream:bowdown: Good luck Tony.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
When is it ever right to ignore animal cruelty - I’m sure that activists against hare coursing etc. were often told to ignore it and let others enjoy their “sport”. Thankfully those that abhor animal cruelty continued to protest.

If you enjoy and support horse racing then be prepared to accept that you are also supporting animal cruelty. Don’t simply tell those pointing this out to “go away”

Feel free to create your own animal cruelty thread. This one is about horse racing at the Cheltenham Festival, a subject I know nothing about and have little interest in. It is however a legal activity and the OP has asked you politely twice not to derail the thread. Post about animal cruelty again on this thread and you’ll receive a thread ban and if I’m pissed off at the time a site ban.

As I say - if you wish to discuss animal cruelty create your own thread.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Sometime you just have to switch on that ignore function....

Back on track, looking forward to tomorrow's racing albeit with the Coral Cup which is always a betting nightmare.

As part of Owners Group, it would be great to see Stage Star turn over Sir Gerhard (I don't have shares in Stage Star but my mate does). Would also love to see TB get his win with Energumene

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Feel free to create your own animal cruelty thread. This one is about horse racing at the Cheltenham Festival, a subject I know nothing about and have little interest in. It is however a legal activity and the OP has asked you politely twice not to derail the thread. Post about animal cruelty again on this thread and you’ll receive a thread ban and if I’m pissed off at the time a site ban.

As I say - if you wish to discuss animal cruelty create your own thread.

Animal cruelty is every much a part of horse racing, especially the Cheltenham Festival, as the betting on the horses taking part is. To deny this is very difficult when a horse dies in the very first race of the meeting.

Do what you must in terms of a ban, demonstrate your own moral compass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here