Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s weird that everybody can see what the problem is bar the head coach.
It was an interesting first half.

As I was thinking earlier- the one advantage of a high line against Chelsea is they struggle with that in defence - they are so quick on the breaks though we just don’t have the speed to get back.

I am not sure there’s much merit in sitting deeper now at 4-2 we are already bedded in to this and while our high line is working against the Chelsea defence we stand a chance of pulling some goals back.

Webster, Dunker and Verbruggen need to do much better -

I’d replace Webster with Hinshelwood and bring on Ensico.

we need to maximise the chances at the other end. Both Welbeck and Mitoma have missed some good chances.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Surely Hurzeler will change this at half time, it’s pretty stupid tactically. The media have been asking him all week about the high line and chelsea‘s quick forwards.
Anyway hopefully he’ll have a rethinkm because this really isn’t working.
He said he listens to his senior players.

Dunk, Welbeck, Milner need to go to Fab and have an intervention about the high line.

If he sticks with it, with these defenders, he won't last the season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
£200m spent and our defence is WORSE than last season

Only us FFS

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I'm fine with Hurzeler having to learn that certain things won't work in the PL at times, it's his first season coaching in a major league

Problem is it took 20 minutes for him to alter things and he watched Chelsea rip us apart so many times before doing anything

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Well, that was a pretty sensational first half...

Lots of positives, despite the scoreline, bizarrely.

We look incredible going forward. Baleba, Ferdi, Georgino all absolute quality. Mitoma making some superb runs. We look so quality, oozing skill, playing sharp positive football.

But there is one, very major, negative. Our defense has been shocking, worst defensive half I can remember us playing in the Premier League. Webster is not good enough. Dunk is too slow. The high line does not work against such a pacy attacking team. They could have had 6+ today so far.

Still, I'm enjoying this. Get an early goal in the 2nd half and let's see what happens. We do need to tighten it up at the back somehow, but at the same time we really need to go for the draw/win.

Prediction - more of the same, 8-5 Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here