Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Brighton the better team according to Merson on SSN.....

Really?

Must be back on the juice!

attachment.php

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Francis Banal on BT is a closet Chelsea fan for the day and spends most of his time looking at the stains game on Hoddle's telly:tosser:.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
18 shots v 0

Despite the undying optimism on here, it's tough for most to see the revolution from last season to this.
Perhaps Potter, like Hughton before him, realises we've nowhere near the quality to compete in footballing with the top half and has been pragmatic. Good for him. Even without Hazard, Chelsea are still decent. If not very clinical!

Remind me what the score was when we played at Stamford Bridge last season? Did we compete as well as we have so far?

MillerEP

Aug 11, 2019
Austin, TX
On the defensive all day, I feel like we’re holding on by our fingernails. Let’s hope we make some good adjustments at the half, and come out swinging.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is he? I just think his positioning is very poor and he gets caught out. Definitely being targeted by Chelsea in the first half.

Still our best RWB/RB at the club but an area of weakness for me. Sorry if that opinion isn't allowed.
Mainly on the back of the RB/RWB thread where the usual candidates, drenched in piss, were queuing up to drop Montoya in favour of Alzate.

As said I just don't get it, certainly not in the current formation.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting. I quite enjoyed that first half even if the stats show essentially the same thing as the previous seasons. I guess it's how we've tried to play and get forward that's the difference. We should be losing, obviously, but we're not so lets hope that Chelsea continue their habit of good first halfs and not so good second. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to sneak a result.

We probably won't but hope springs eternal.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
For me we are making it too easy for Chelsea when we're on the ball. So much passing around - it's good to see that we are comfortable to do that under pressure, but there's no outlet and so often after a period of passing around the back and in the middle it ends up back with chelsea. No width isn't helping I don't think. Shame we've got so many bloody injuries!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We have had no luck all season, we’ve had a bit today. Maybe just maybe....

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
18 shots v 0

Despite the undying optimism on here, it's tough for most to see the revolution from last season to this.
Perhaps Potter, like Hughton before him, realises we've nowhere near the quality to compete in footballing with the top half and has been pragmatic. Good for him. Even without Hazard, Chelsea are still decent. If not very clinical!

it's the total change in the approach to football, that's the thing

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm not trying to troll you or stalk you, but what ****ing game are you watching? The defending has been comfortable???

Are you watching ? What are you talking about you goon?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are missing quite a few players.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
it's the total change in the approach to football, that's the thing

Leave him to pray for a Chelsea goal or two so he can join Spence in taking pleasure in an Albion defeat :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

One thing that seems apparent with Potter is that the team will be certain to come out with new ideas in the 2nd half.

I really think we could nick this.

A half time sub proves your point!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If you can not tell the difference you must be stupid. The style is vastly different.

The style might be different, but the net result is more or less the same?
Still one up front. Still better at the back than going forward. Still hovering just above (but thankfully not in) the relegation zone.

Edit: obviously, last season we wouldn't have given a penalty away like that. We'd have given one away for handball instead.

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Mainly on the back of the RB/RWB thread where the usual candidates, drenched in piss, were queuing up to drop Montoya in favour of Alzate.

As said I just don't get it, certainly not in the current formation.

Fair enough, hadn't seen the thread to be honest.

Bong on now for Bissouma. Now you have your scapegoat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here