Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea target…… Ferguson

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As I was saying on the Ferguson thread - his dip in goal scoring this season is not just attributable to a natural slump we often see in youth players but also he is not getting the service he did last season that he did with Caceido and Mackie in MF - I was shouted down for it by the Fergie critics but imo we were far more aggressive in getting the ball forward last season to the final third than we have been for much of this season - I think that’s why RDZ has played Facu deeper in the past few games - to ‘pick up the ball earlier to drive it forward through the centre. It has been very noticeable in Pervis’s absence too that we have been missing an attacking FB player and substituting him with a ’typical’ RB.

I think Fergies‘s form will start to improve when Mitoma is back too. It may be further improved with Barco’s ability to dribble the ball forward (if he is as good as he is supposed to be).

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it's easy to forget just how important a fit and firing Evan Ferguson is to us.

We know Danny Welbeck has never scored doouble digit Prem goals in a season in his entire career. So what if Joao Pedro gets injured? All that width but no one to get on the end of those crosses.

I cannot wait to see him back to his best. However, a move to Man Utd at this point would be a bad career choice. He needs to work through the form and fitness issues he's faced and come out of the other side first.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No way will Ferguson be going this window for c£50m.
Firstly, United and Chelsea have already spent or are in the process of spending big and so don’t have the available budget within PSR.
Secondly, we will want to benefit from a fit and raring to go Ferguson for most of the season and when we do sell it will be for over £100m.
Ashworth’s previous connection with us will be of no benefit whatsoever in any dealings.
So, in short, nonsense.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's a young striker who may or may not achieve that potential that we saw a year ago. He may (I hope so) recover after injury and loss of form to that level, or he may not (see under: Connolly A.) - though I get the impression that young Evan is better guided by those around him.
So, a bit of a risk for both potential buyer and seller then; like with any other player, anywhere in the world, there is a price that the selling club will accept. So, what price might tempt us to sell? Realistically (remember, he might never be that good again when he returns).

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
In the right set-up, he could be the most prolific striker in the prem. We've just never played to his strengths. A young, naturally gifted number 9.

I hope we keep hold, he is special.
What do you mean we've never played to his strengths? What about when he "burst onto the scene", were we not playing to his strengths?

Interesting take given his age!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Man United sniffing with Chelsea still interested apparently. £50m to get him according to the Star

I decided to read this article. The evidence put forward for the headline is a follows:

1. Man Utd might be looking for a new striker because Højlund is probably out injured unitl September.

2. Dan Ashworth helped sign Ferguson before so probably wants to sign him again.

3. Chelsea like signing Brighton players so probably want to sign Ferguson too at some point.

4. So….. Man Utd must sign him quickly for ‘over’ £50m (which is what he is probably worth after a season blighted by injury) before Chelsea get him.

That’s the logic behind the article.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here