Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea sign 11 year old

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Still exists but clubs now find 'jobs' for the parents of the top kids to entice them to move closer. Not sure if it the time from the actual ground or the training ground (i.e. in Chelsea's case London or Cobham, Surrey)

It is where the training takes place, they can have satellite centres that offer training venues in strategically based areas.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It is where the training takes place, they can have satellite centres that offer training venues in strategically based areas.

didn't know that, thank you. Does explain the links between sports centres around here and the London clubs.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
thats why we need a center in the crawley area we loose so many from that area to london clubs TB is only to willing to fund this but the old guard is not having it thats why we need a complete change new blood new ideas new attitudes

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
didn't know that, thank you. Does explain the links between sports centres around here and the London clubs.

London is such a competitive area, with all club vying for the best youngsters, the race to get them signed is likely to be quite aggressive, depressingly encouraged by some parents.

The clubs are keen to get them signed knowing that even if they walk out to another club they can negotiate a healthy compensation package, whilst if the youngsters fail then just release them and sign yet another 9 year old prodigy.

Its always been that way to some extent, read any current England player autobiography and they will say that they attended many clubs before committing to one club at the age of 14 years.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
thats why we need a center in the crawley area we loose so many from that area to london clubs TB is only to willing to fund this but the old guard is not having it thats why we need a complete change new blood new ideas new attitudes

With respect I note that your Son plays for Brighton Boys and therefore is himself a talented youngster.

You seem to be slightly angry at the current set up, maybe your Son has in your eyes been ignored, or maybe been for a trial and released.

Its an emotive issue and sometimes can cloud peoples view.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
no mate went for trials and took him away before end was a not impressed at all and nor was he ,hopefully he will go to millwall for trials later on in year good set up by all acounts .There are some good coaches around brighton dont get me wrong its just the ones in charge who have had their day im sure you know what i mean

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
no mate went for trials and took him away before end was a not impressed at all and nor was he ,hopefully he will go to millwall for trials later on in year good set up by all acounts .There are some good coaches around brighton dont get me wrong its just the ones in charge who have had their day im sure you know what i mean

Oh ok ...... just seems kinda vague the reasoning for feeling so negative and not sure what Millwall might offer in its place.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I could go on for ages about it truth is until we have a good training ground with an indoor center with well paid coaches pref the ex ones I menrtioned earlier and a change at the top with more comunication ect ect it willhelp to stop loosing boys else where , I respect you knowldgeable views but I thinkl you defend it to much do you not agree with anythink I say ,seems you defend it to much in your personal oppinion do you not think changes should be made.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just out of interest big g what is your conection ?

I just have a keen interest in youth development, thats all.

I do know a bit about the Brighton Centre of Excellence, but no formal association.

Many people have a negative experience when trialling, normally exaggerated if not signed, its an emotion that is difficult to control.

My point was more what particularly you found so uninspiring and why you feel the experience at say Millwall might be any better for you and your child.

Its a difficult route for any youngster and I think at times both parents and child need to be wary about trawling around clubs in the hope for some recognition and status they desire so much.

Sometimes losing sight of what really might be best for that child to reach his full potential, it may be within the professional system it might not.

Personally wish you all the best.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
thank you bg but it was mainly my sons feeling about it all He is a mad brighton fan so for him to say he was not impressed was a big thing for him .Just heard on grapevine that they have a good set up at millwall gives me no pleasure to say that but sometimes you just get a feeling .Have to respect my sons feelings and happiness .But yopu will still not coment that btn set up needs a change yes or no

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
For what it is worth, I think much of the Centre of Excellence's and Academys systems are flawed, but that is just a personal view.

Brighton's generally is not as good as some but maybe better than many.

I would offer a view that if your Son felt he was uneasy at the Brighton set up then maybe a totally alien environment in London is not what is needed.

May I ask why you feel compelled for your Son to be within the professional system rather than the comfort of a well run Sunday League side.

He is still very young and is getting recognition with Brighton Boys and will be watched by professional scouts, so he is unlikely to miss out if considered good enough.

Why not praise his strengths and maybe encourage improvement on his own weaknesses and let the rest take care of itself.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
you are right he is in a vgood sunday team who will challenge for honours ,but it is not a done deal to go any where even if bha said yes personally i think 14 is a better age to go to a club .to much presure at such a young age ect

my son plays brighton boys with a 12 year old who has been given a 4 year deal by chelsea .dad took him away from albion due to poor facilities ,coaching ect

i know the boy in question,very nice lad and keeping his feet on the ground,my son trained with him at brazilian footie,good luck to him:thumbsup: it seems when they get to under 13 the soe is a bit lacking under 14 are three or four players short too:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here