Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea scumbags

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
......Still at least we still have the egalitarian G14 group, you know the one that sticks up for the other 14 most powerful clubs in Europe as they abuse smaller clubs and fans alike.

Jose was quoted the other day, saying perhaps they will win the Champions league if they are permitted to join the G14....:nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Re: Re: Chelsea scumbags

Cheeky Monkey said:
Fayed's a millionaire not a billionaire ;)

I think you'll find he IS a billionaire. Just not a MULTI-billionaire like Roman.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

A van der Meyde said:
I actually had a soft spot for them since the FA Cup win v Villa in 1999.

*Pedant alert*

It was 2000.

If you were looking for a team to support after the FA Cup Final in 1999, you would be a Manchester United fan

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Short memories - It wasn't all that long ago that Fulham were just another middling, lower league club competing on the same playing field as us, along came Al Fayed and success and elevation to the Premiership was BOUGHT with his millions. Give me Mourinho over Al Fayed any day.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
Jose was quoted the other day, saying perhaps they will win the Champions league if they are permitted to join the G14....:nono:

I think Jose's point is bollocks but the sentiment is correct, they hold way to much power.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chelsea scumbags

Cheeky Monkey said:
Stereotypical bollox mate, EVERY club has fans who will react in certain situations, or is there a gene that is exclusive to fans born in and around the SW1 postcode area that we haven't been told about? As said above, Fulham have more than their share of twats, as have Burton Albion, Notts County...........

"Steroetypical bollox"? You weren't there then in the 80s when Chelsea fans invaded the pitch at the Goldstone, tore the crossbar down and chanting "Kill The Bill" laid out 5 coppers on the pitch. And a trip to Stamford Bridge was taking your life in your hands. Their 'traditional' support is one nano-step up the food chain from Millwall's...

There's only one person talking bollox round here, and it's not me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chelsea scumbags

trueblue said:
"Steroetypical bollox"? You weren't there then in the 80s when Chelsea fans invaded the pitch at the Goldstone, tore the crossbar down and chanting "Kill The Bill" laid out 5 coppers on the pitch. And a trip to Stamford Bridge was taking your life in your hands. Their 'traditional' support is one nano-step up the food chain from Millwall's...

There's only one person talking bollox round here, and it's not me.

Ah yes the 1980s, if I'm not mistaken the period you're talking about was a quarter of a century ago and of course that old stereotype still applies to those Chelsea supporters at Craven Cottage this weekend?

:shootself

A van der Meyde said:
To be honest, many people didn't mind Chelsea until Roman took over. I actually had a soft spot for them since the FA Cup win v Villa in 1999.

Its jealously, that is why everyone hates them. Were jealous they have the money to get success.

Really?

I thought it was because they had one of the WORST hooligan firms in the seventies and eighties. Anyone recall their game at the Gioldstone in 83.

Nice riot wasn't it. :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chelsea scumbags

trueblue said:
Well, I didn't see any Brighton fans on the pitch at Hereford.

If you're denying that Chelsea have a large number of thugs among their "fans", then you can't have been watching football for very long.
But that wasn't a local derby and it was pretty much a one off situation. If you want to use hereford as an example, at the cup game a few years later it kicked off quite badly from what I heard.
My point was that if that was us against Pal**e, or most other london teams for that matter, then the same thing would of happened. You can't try and pretend that chelsea are the only club with a hooligan following.
I've been to chelsea a few times, so yes I do know all about their fans.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People sure have short memories of Fulham's last visit to the Goldstone - the 'battle of Hove station' where Fulham fans snapped off car aerials and used them and their belts as weapons to attack Brighton fans. An abiding memory being a young Brighton fan who was surrounded by four 30-somethings who stole his BHA ski hat. And that was 1996 or 1997, but no let's ignore that and tarnish Chelsea fans of today with happenings of the early 80s, because Fulham are such a nice, little family club aren't they?

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Re: Re: Re: Chelsea scumbags

Woodchip said:
No, everyone hates them because they are spanking all that money on players, with no vision to the future, and just buying players to stop other teams buying them (S W-P)

:clap: :clap: :clap: Top post.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

DJ Leon said:
Those were all Chelsea fans on the pitch causing trouble then?

I think some of us have long memories and remember the time their fans took the goldstone apart and this was not the "code amongst hooligans" stuff, there were women and children injured that day.

I will certainly never forget their behaviour. Scum the lot of em.

And if you follow England away, you will know that the main purpotrators of trouble tends to be down to the Chelsea hoolies

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Cheeky Monkey said:
People sure have short memories of Fulham's last visit to the Goldstone - the 'battle of Hove station' where Fulham fans snapped off car aerials and used their belts to attack Brighton fans. An abiding memory being a young Brighton fan who was surrounded by four 30-somethings who stole his BHA ski hat. And that was 1996 or 1997, but no let's ignore that and tarnish Chelsea fans of today with happenings of the early 80s, because Fulham are such a nice, little family club aren't they?
I nearly came a cropper in that, I think I was only 15 at the time. We used to walk back to Hove station up the pathway inbetween the trainline and the factory. We saw that it had kicked off but for some reason thought it was Brighton fans on the bridge, so we just went onto the station as normal, then some massive black bloke stared on us because we all had shirts on. His mates had to tie him up with a belt to stop him having a go at us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Chelsea scumbags

Dies Irae said:
Scum the lot of em.

No stereotyping there then. Did NSC also know that almost all Albion fans are gay?

You obviously weren't at the BHA v Fulham match I refer to above then Dave.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Well we always gave Fulham a good shoe-ing at their place.

(Smudge in no way condones the actions of Stubbsy or any off duty Brighton cabbie!)

:lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
smudge said:
Well we always gave Fulham a good shoe-ing at their place.

(Smudge in no way condones the actions of Stubbsy or any off duty Brighton cabbie!)

:lolol:
i remember a good scrap up there in the backstreets back in the eighties....

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Les Biehn said:
Fulham fans run on the pitch to celebrate, some look for a fight, Chelsea fans get pissed off they have run on the pitch to celebrate, Chelsea fans give them a fight. Big hoo haa, both are to blame but it could have been pretty much any two clubs with an intense rivalry.
Sounds spot on from the Cottager I work with. Some of the Fulham go to the Chelsea end to do a bit of taunting and some of the Chelsea fans overreact. Could be any local derby really.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Chelsea scumbags

Cheeky Monkey said:
No stereotyping there then. Did NSC also know that almost all Albion fans are gay?

You obviously weren't at the BHA v Fulham match I refer to above then Dave.

If it was the one where we were demonstrating against Satan Archer and the Fulham fans ran round the corner of New Town Road and a huge punch up ensured then yes, but that was not in the same league as the behaviour of the Chelsea fans that day.

I take it you remember Joey Jones and Chris Hutchins jumping up and down in front of the old Lego Stand winding the Chelsea fans up?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember the Chelsea game in the 80's, although I wasn't there, the one with the pitch invasion and broken crossbar. As I remember a factor in all the trouble was a Chelsea player who made gestures to the home fans and certainly contributed to the whole thing. The FA carried out an investigation into what happened on the day, and in particular the actions of the Chelsea player concerned, tho only thing was that before the enquiry had finished we had signed him. His name was Chris Hutchings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here