Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea prices

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To get home end tickets you need a minimum of 150 points I think, so there will only be Chelsea in the hone end who have got a ticket off a Brighton fan

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Going to the Chelsea game only because I miss the amex. Can't do The Reading game as work in London and can't get back in time.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think it was £30 for the tottenham game, which I stumped up as I was so eager to see the stadium and sit in my seat for the 1st time.
I expect chelsea would get the hump if we charged less, but I'm not paying it. I paid the £30 for my first experience of our new home - the game was just a bonus.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Going to the Chelsea game only because I miss the amex. Can't do The Reading game as work in London and can't get back in time.

Same as for Me I need My Amex fix done the tour last month and can't wait to sit in My own seat in the Northstand. Going to the reading game to.

seagul

Jan 16, 2012
bexhill
That is a slanderous statement. You are totally out of order.

The game - against the current European Champions lest we forget (sorry they are English and not Barcelona or someone "foreign and therefore automatically sexy" but that's the way it is) - does not come at no cost to the Albion. We have to pay Chelsea a hefty fee but it won't be their B team that you miss.

The game will sell well - possibly to football fans who are a touch less precious and self-opinionated. Albion wont make a profit but they wont make a substantial loss either which they would if they were concerned to keep you happy. Mind you, if they did then you could slam them for losing money couldn't you?

Maybe we should stick with games against local non-league sides? That will leave us really well prepared for the start of the season........... :nono:

Well said,this statement says it all, got my ticket :albion2:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
We must all be getting above ourselves if we can't be bothered to watch the Albion play the European Champions, FFS.

As for the lack of take-up from STHs, I think the main reason will be holidays. And, if there indeed are several thousand additional Chelsea fans, should make for a cracking atmosphere!

Good pt re hols

I'm with you on this, ok the price is silly but I'm really looking forward to this game. First I think they'll put out a decent team (hence request for 4k seats as part of deal for the match), second my dad is a Chelsea fan, and third one of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and he's down for my birthday weekend. All in all, reasons for me to pay out the £30.

I understand the price is prob too high for some, but I have been quite surprised at the apathy of playing one of the top teams in England.

I wonder whether it's because quite a lot of Brighton fans seem to have Spurs connections? - last year people were well up for that fixture (Amex opening aside).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I doubt it, with Chelsea selling out so quickly , friendly or not, the club will not want load of chelsea in the home end

I'm not guessing that anyone will be able to buy a ticket. Just that 150 points may go down to 50 or so.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well said,this statement says it all, got my ticket :albion2:

I totally respect people with other committments and people who just don't do friendlies. I especially understand that people cannot always afford it. None of that is an issue.

But when people slag off the club for arranging a game against the current Champions of Europe, for no other discernible reason than to have a cheap knock - THAT pisses me off!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I totally respect people with other committments and people who just don't do friendlies. I especially understand that people cannot always afford it. None of that is an issue.

But when people slag off the club for arranging a game against the current Champions of Europe, for no other discernible reason than to have a cheap knock - THAT pisses me off!

Not to forget the people who aren't going out of protest of the 'disgusting' treatment by the club to have the cheek to allow Chelsea fans the chance to sit in 'their' seat.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

totally agree
plus, Poyet will be really out to prove himself with his new look Albion side against ex club.
with Spurs these have been easily the two best pre-season fixtures i can think of in my time following the club - genuine tests.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If you don't want to pay £30 for a friendly against It's Only Chelsea you're RUINING our season. Brilliant.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Well said, perhaps there needs to be some chillage. It'll be a great afternoon, those that are able to and want to spend their Saturday there should have a great day.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Think it was £30 for the tottenham game, which I stumped up as I was so eager to see the stadium and sit in my seat for the 1st time.
I expect chelsea would get the hump if we charged less, but I'm not paying it. I paid the £30 for my first experience of our new home - the game was just a bonus.

I think the difference was that the tickets prices varied. I was in the North Stand for the Spuds game and paid about £21.

Yes the ticket price might be high to what we normally pay, but where I am sitting it's a fiver cheaper than normal. £30 instead of £35 on a pay per game basis.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Not to forget the people who aren't going out of protest of the 'disgusting' treatment by the club to have the cheek to allow Chelsea fans the chance to sit in 'their' seat.

this is a childish argument imho - i don't like the fact they've given them a stand in which they'll make loads of noise, but it was inevitable some fans would be moved.

i'm a WSU STH so this affects me, but you wouldn't of given them WSL or the North, and the only other option would be to move the families - and even then, you'd have Chelsea fans alongside an entire length of the pitch. i can't see how the club could've won.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I think the difference was that the tickets prices varied. I was in the North Stand for the Spuds game and paid about £21.

Yes the ticket price might be high to what we normally pay, but where I am sitting it's a fiver cheaper than normal. £30 instead of £35 on a pay per game basis.

this is definitely silly. North should not be paying same as best seats in WSL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here