Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea prices

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
this is a childish argument imho - i don't like the fact they've given them a stand in which they'll make loads of noise, but it was inevitable some fans would be moved.

i'm a WSU STH so this affects me, but you wouldn't of given them WSL or the North, and the only other option would be to move the families - and even then, you'd have Chelsea fans alongside an entire length of the pitch. i can't see how the club could've won.

Exactly. I'm a WSU ST holder too, and find it amusing how upset people are about 'their' seats not being available for a friendly

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Not sure if this has been said already judging by the reaction of some fans, I think one of the reasons Some are not paying for this game, is the fact they are disgusted at how the club appear to be treating FDM.

Why the testimonial could not of been on the Saturday I dont know.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I wonder how much Chelsea are asking for from their share of gate receipts? It could be that given this, and the reduction in capacity this is not as lucrative for Albion as some might think.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Not sure if this has been said already judging by the reaction of some fans, I think one of the reasons Some are not paying for this game, is the fact they are disgusted at how the club appear to be treating FDM.

FDM would not have got all the receipts from a Chelsea game.

i actually think playing Reading (a team I remember him playing against) makes more sense anyway. Reading is FDM's match, Chelsea is Poyet's.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That is a slanderous statement. You are totally out of order.

The game - against the current European Champions lest we forget (sorry they are English and not Barcelona or someone "foreign and therefore automatically sexy" but that's the way it is) - does not come at no cost to the Albion. We have to pay Chelsea a hefty fee but it won't be their B team that you miss.

The game will sell well - possibly to football fans who are a touch less precious and self-opinionated. Albion wont make a profit but they wont make a substantial loss either which they would if they were concerned to keep you happy. Mind you, if they did then you could slam them for losing money couldn't you?

Maybe we should stick with games against local non-league sides? That will leave us really well prepared for the start of the season........... :nono:

Out of interest what makes you think the match will lose the Albion money ? And why do we have to pay Chelsea a "fee" to play them ?

For me, I don't do friendlies - complete waste of time, you might as well go and watch a training session. AND I wouldn't pay £30 for a friendly against ANYONE.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I totally respect people with other committments and people who just don't do friendlies. I especially understand that people cannot always afford it. None of that is an issue.

But when people slag off the club for arranging a game against the current Champions of Europe, for no other discernible reason than to have a cheap knock - THAT pisses me off!

Have to agree. Despite being a WSU STH, I'm going as the choice between Reading or Chelsea is no contest as far as I'm concerned. The last champions of Europe to turn up on our doorstep was, I believe, Aston Villa. Also, a lot of people blaming the club but surely Chelsea might have had some say as I suspect they want a cut. Had we had a full capacity available then maybe the tickets might have been cheaper.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

It is not a testimonial in the same way as most others are, by that I mean there are no other former players playing in the game. It is more like a pre-season friendly for the current first team and he is allowed in goal!

Therefore it needs to fit into Gus' schedule.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest what makes you think the match will lose the Albion money ? And why do we have to pay Chelsea a "fee" to play them ?

For me, I don't do friendlies - complete waste of time, you might as well go and watch a training session. AND I wouldn't pay £30 for a friendly against ANYONE.

Do you seriously believe that a club like Chelsea will not be expecting a fee for playing?

kano

Jun 17, 2011
literally the only reason im going is because they are European champs and how often do we play the (theoretical) best of the best. Plus im desperate to go to a game of football.

The price really is a slap in the face tho.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
It is not a testimonial in the same way as most others are, by that I mean there are no other former players playing in the game.

interesting - i hadn't really considered that. a shame we won't see Cullip, Oatway, Chippie etc - or maybe we will? even just for 15mins?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
i actually think a reduced capacity with empty seats would make us look quite tin-pot.
Tin pot you must be kidding me???
23000 st holders says we have fans that want to see us in the league and not some shite club from london,if it sold out in a flash then many would say its the plastics flocking to see chelsea.Not the case with us as the league is all that matters:)

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That's common practice, the fee I mean.

I'm assuming you mean a percentage of the gate ? If so then it's purely based on the number of tickets and so I still suspect the match won't be a money loser. A fee I would suggest is a fixed amount and if so then I really can't see why any club would agree to pay another club a fee just for a friendly.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Do you seriously believe that a club like Chelsea will not be expecting a fee for playing?

Why ? They want friendlies as much as any other team. Do we demand a fee from our lower league opposition for the friendlies we deem to play them in ?

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
OK - is anyone going to count the available seats and do a countdown like for the season tickets?

4000+ new STHs (myself included) are now eligible to buy a ticket as of this evening. It looks like there's been a fair bit of movement already. I'm actually waiting till tomorrow to get mine, as I want to go into the Queens Road ticket office to save myself the online booking fee. ...and, if I'm lucky, there might be the odd better-located seat available that's not available online. I'm thinking perhaps East Stand so I can see the "away" supporters. They should be in party mood, as I gather this is their first match (at least in England) since they lifted the European trophy.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm assuming you mean a percentage of the gate ? If so then it's purely based on the number of tickets and so I still suspect the match won't be a money loser. A fee I would suggest is a fixed amount and if so then I really can't see why any club would agree to pay another club a fee just for a friendly.

Fee/gate receipts, either way I would imagine that they would want at least 50%.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I watched the CL semi-final and final and thought Chelsea were pretty dull and unimaginative to be honest. Not bothered especially as it will be their reserves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fee/gate receipts, either way I would imagine that they would want at least 50%.

I'd be very surprised if the Albion hosted a game, out of choice, which lost them money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here