Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea players - ON LOAN?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He went on loan to a Prem team and played 4 games between January and the end of the season! Look how many players from big clubs go out on loan to Championship teams, I don't see why McEachran is so unrealistic. :shrug:

Didn't realise he had played so little for Swans to be honest - perhaps I read McEachan's self-hype and made the mistake of believing it.
You could be right.
I will put a fiver in to REMF if/when he signs :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lukaku is a load of sh*t, useless from the games I have seen him play.

I think in his case you'd have to use the statistics of his career so far to judge him, rather than a few games you might have seen him in. He's only just 19, and between the ages of 16 and 18, scored 33 goals in 73 games for Anderlecht's first team. An English 17 year old playing regularly and scoring for a Premier League side at that sort of rate would be valued at a RIDICULOUS level.

He's clearly got loads of talent, but as he's only played 8 times for Chelsea (and I bet many of those appearances were under Villas Boas, when Chelsea were dire), he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Dec 29, 2011
sounds like hes got bad attitude though granted
Don't just make stuff up. Lukaku has one of the best attitudes in a young lad you'll find anywhere, not just football. That's why he's tipped to be such a good player in the future. His dad is also a sensible man who didn't want Romelu to move too soon.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't just make stuff up. Lukaku has one of the best attitudes in a young lad you'll find anywhere, not just football. That's why he's tipped to be such a good player in the future. His dad is also a sensible man who didn't want Romelu to move too soon.

His dad should have put his foot down then.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Oh come on... Lukaku was a championship winner with Anderlecht wasn't he? And played in the Champions League too with them? Even if he were offered to us, I doubt it would match his ambitions. Plus he's a regular international isn't he?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Jacob Mellis would be a far more likely signing than either of these two.....

And a very good one IMO

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am not sure that at this stage of the clubs development, young relatively untested youngsters from the Premiership is the answer.

If there is a case for giving opportunities for youngsters this season, then how about some of our own youngsters ??

Those youngsters at Prem clubs that may have the talent to really effect our season, would surely have a roll to play with their own club this year too.

After all, we hope to join the Premiership soon anyway.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Its quite credible to thing though that we will be getting some loan signings from Chelsea
as Gus is very good mates with Di Matteo and why do think this friendly was arranged,
so Gus can have a look at some Chelsea youngsters playing .
Makes perfect sense to me !!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
why do think this friendly was arranged,
so Gus can have a look at some Chelsea youngsters playing .
Makes perfect sense to me !!!

Maybe the friendly was arranged so that some Chelsea youngsters can see US playing...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe the friendly was arranged so that some Chelsea youngsters can see US playing...

Uncle Spielberg playing? This I have to see.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is it not possible that a loan move will be put to a couple of youngsters once they have seen the facilities and the way we play? Could the game not be a showcase for that purpose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here