Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea players - ON LOAN?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No. He really couldn't.
He was on loan in the EPL last season and if he does go out on loan again won't be dropping down this season.

EDIT: sorry that was rude of me to be so abrupt. I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if we didn't get someone on loan from Chelsea but the chances of it being a young player who has expressed his ambition to play at the top level: got to start with Swansea last year: and was in demand from a number of EPL clubs, is remote. It would be a step back for him at a time when his ambition seems unlikely to accept that. Similarly with Romelu. Massively in demand at the top level. If he goes on loan it is incredibly unlikely it would be to the Championship. So yes, a loan from Chelsea might be a good bet, but I don't think these two are likely
McEachran hardly got a kick for Swansea. Both very highly rated youngsters but I'm not convinced either of them would be regulars even if they went to a Norwich or Swansea. I get the impression Lukaku has not quite lived up to what Chelsea hoped so far, and everyone knew at the time the transfer fee was ridiculously overblown. McEachran similar in a way, he's meant to be the next big thing and had a few good cameos for the Chelsea first team even, but made no impression at all at Swansea.

I'm not saying it'll happen but I don't think it's beyond possibility. Especially McEachran.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If we took anyone from Chelsea my guess is it would more likely be someone like Sam Hutchinson, a young right back who retired age 20 because of a knee injury which then recovered - now on the fringes of the first team again.

Happy to make grovelling apologies if I'm wrong about either of the two from the OP though :lol:

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Bendtner to Birmingham.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Erm, by being an England U21 international he is, yes.

:bowdown: You are a believer.

Me, I'm a cynic. Wilshere is one of the best young players in the world. McEachran hasn't done anything. Never established himself in the Chelsea team, went to Swansea and didn't play there either. He is still very young, no debating that, but he certainly isn't one of the best young players in the world. Typical English attitude.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stoke or QPR - type of club that would go for him IMHO

I think it will be Newcastle ? Wages would be a problem for anything than the top ten clubs ? Certainly out of the Albion budget range !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Although with RDM as chelsea boss, our chances of loans such as these are dramatically increased due to his friendship with GP.

is the correct answer, the strength of their friendship might just be underrated RDM trusts Gus to do a good job with any youngsters he might point in the Albions direction

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As with all the other threads about Lukaku.... sod a Champ club or most Prem clubs he'd be chased by over half the Champions League Clubs so no

Mceachran - Would think Prem too but give this a 2% chance of happening because of the links between clubs. Would LOVE it if we signed him on loan as long as whole season not a distruptive couple of months

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
No. He really couldn't.
He was on loan in the EPL last season and if he does go out on loan again won't be dropping down this season.

EDIT: sorry that was rude of me to be so abrupt. I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if we didn't get someone on loan from Chelsea but the chances of it being a young player who has expressed his ambition to play at the top level: got to start with Swansea last year: and was in demand from a number of EPL clubs, is remote. It would be a step back for him at a time when his ambition seems unlikely to accept that. Similarly with Romelu. Massively in demand at the top level. If he goes on loan it is incredibly unlikely it would be to the Championship. So yes, a loan from Chelsea might be a good bet, but I don't think these two are likely

Given that he went on loan to a PL side last season not really.

He went on loan to a Prem team and played 4 games between January and the end of the season! Look how many players from big clubs go out on loan to Championship teams, I don't see why McEachran is so unrealistic. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here