Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea moaning about PSR

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Maresca won't last till Christmas with that attitude. Talk about being tone deaf. This is exactly the sort of attitude that football fans hate, and it won't go down well with Chelsea fans. He's already in trouble with them. Problem is, the board have given him a 5 year contract, and there's no way they'll want to be seen to have picked yet another dud so they may be forced to stick with him for a good while just to avoid the humiliation (and expense) of another sacking.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Photo of Chelsea plan for the 20 surplus players

Even the 2 with prosthetic arms, it would seem
Screenshot_20240821_141823_Chrome.jpg

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have got no time whatsoever for Chelsea but admire the way manager is dealing with situation. He could like other managers try and keep 40 plus players happy but knowing this is impossible has selected 21 to work with. Others training away from squad and has just indicated to club over to you what you do with them but I dont want to work with that number.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I read somewhere that Chelsea's estimated player amortisation costs for this financial year will be around £250m. For comparison, ours were (I believe) approx £32m in the last set of accounts. Obviously amortisation is only one element of player costs (the other big one being wages, of course). But I imagine - given the sheer number of players on Chelsea's books - that wage costs will be significant. Presumably they will find some more hotels, car parks, women's teams, etc to sell (to themselves)!

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Absolutely horrible club.

I get what the manager is trying to say but agree with some of the analysis from journalists etc posted above. It will backfire on the club financially.

He is just trying to create what the ownership should have created for Potter, Pochettino and for himself....a balanced squad. He's doing it for himself and to give clarity for the players he has chosen. Not saying that makes it ok for the players cast aside.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Here's hoping other clubs start completely lowballing these fuckers for their players. Nobody should offer anywhere near asking price.
I hoped for that last year but they ended up getting high decent fees for the likes of Mount, Havertz and Koulibaly to get them out of a PSR hole

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hoped for that last year but they ended up getting high decent fees for the likes of Mount, Havertz and Koulibaly to get them out of a PSR hole
Last year's accounts haven't been published yet, but I don't think that the sale of those players was enough. Didn't they still need to sell the hotel to themselves, or was that the 22-23 accounts?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah football clubs are unfortunately selfish and won’t pass up on a good price. I’m still surprised Athletico agreed to pay so much for Gallagher

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here