Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea moaning about PSR

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They are still buying players on 7 year contracts.

They changed the law to maximum 5 year ones from July 1 2024 I read, so someone enlighten me why 7 year ones are still handed out ?
Think they can do what they want, but amortisation in the accounts is max 5 years. They’ve shot themselves in the foot (again)………any incoming player will rightly want the same as others in the squad.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
They are still buying players on 7 year contracts.

They changed the law to maximum 5 year ones from July 1 2024 I read, so someone enlighten me why 7 year ones are still handed out ?
They can offer a 10 year contract if they want but can amortise it (split it up) over only 5 years instead of 7 for the sake of the accounts.

Edit: sorry, repeating @dazzer6666 point

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Chelsea spend another £15m today on a Boca Juniors defender, and look to have agreed a £35m deal for Omorodian from Athletico. These players are 19 & 20 respectively, and reportedly seen as players to develop rather than straight into the first team. But according to them its issues with the PSR rules that mean they're being FORCED to sell Gallagher to balance the books... :tosser:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like they are now signing Neto from wolves, literally seems to be a player every day!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All of this reminded me of when FBS renamed Withdean to Palookaville for a game. OK, it was in the Championship, but were we pushing PSR a little bit back then.
I'd imagine back in the day FBS paid a minimal amount, but still can we do it again for a bit more money?
I doubt that was anything to do with FFP/PSR. It wasn't introduced into English domestic football until about 2013, was it?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Looks like they are now signing Neto from wolves, literally seems to be a player every day!
For a mere £52m.

By my calculations, this would bring their current first team squad to 59 members...

30 of which would have to be registered...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
They are genuinely the only club in the country that I would celebrate going bust. And I have close family members that support them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really not sure what they are doing. This hoarding players is just mad, absolute joke of a football club. Wonder how the rest of the clubs view them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here