Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea look at Poyet & Zola

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Exactly, and neither of them have top level management experiance, except Zola, who didnt really set the world alight at West Ham did he.

Anyway, this is a pointless conversation.
No it isnt, its very relevant, I quoted Del Bosque and Guardiola as having even less managerial experience, but they both got top jobs dont you think?... and did fairly well dont you think?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
No it isnt, its very relevant, I quoted Del Bosque and Guardiola as having even less managerial experience, but they both got top jobs dont you think?... and did fairly well dont you think?

Yes they did both do very well but this is about CHELSEA needing a big name and experiance, not Barcelona or Madrid. Chelsea tried the ex-player route and they got rid of him. They also tried the young manager building a team and he was ousted by the players so that didnt work either.

Why exactly do you think that Gus or Zola will be the perfect fit now?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They will go for Michael laudrup .

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes they did both do very well but this is about CHELSEA needing a big name and experiance, not Barcelona or Madrid. Chelsea tried the ex-player route and they got rid of him. They also tried the young manager building a team and he was ousted by the players so that didnt work either.

Why exactly do you think that Gus or Zola will be the perfect fit now?
Because they both are the opposite of what has gone before in recent years, with the exception of Di Matteo of course. Youngish managers, good track record of playing and managerial experience ( yes I know WHU didnt work for Zola), they have the respect, knowledge of, and good contacts with, players on the international stage, and play with a modern passing game favoured of most international managers these days. My point that I made further up this thread is that Roman MAY fancy a change from his so far inconsistent approach to managers, he MAY fancy letting one of these youngish bucks have a go, they do have a Chelsea history, they do want the job.

Di Matteo was released in my view because Roman thought he could get Guardiola in, obviously that didnt work out. I suspect that if Guardiola had stayed in Spain, and not been at the end of his tenure, Di Matteo would have still been at Chelsea.

By the way, I DO NOT want Gus to leave, but I suspect he will soon enough.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This with bells on.

An idiot with bells on?

_41608984_morris_dancing_pa_416.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
They will go for Michael laudrup .

or mourihno when he's ready..........poyet would have nothing to gain by going to chelsea ...he would probably fail ,get the boot and be a poison chalice for three or four years ....he's better off with us......:whistle:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
zola, on the other hand is an EXCELLENT managerial prospect.... can see him winning the champignions league one day......:mushroom::hilton:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Big 2 page spread of made up journalism.

Why people read newspapers is beyond me.

This.

Apparently our much coveted coach at Harlequins is off to manage Ireland according to some of the newspapers.

Only he's not.

Bored desk journalist looking to create a story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here