Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea look at Poyet & Zola

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm sick to death of hearing about sodding Chelski.

Thoroughly vile club.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Don't be stupid, either of them would jump at the chance.

This is just a comment/opinion piece though and contains no direct quotes from anyone at Chelsea. Poyet won't even be on their shortlist so it's not worth worrying about in any case.

You have lost the plot. Are you seriously saying that poyet would turn down his dream job because of a trigger happy owner. There are very few managers in the world who would not take the chelsea job. Gus would snap RA hand off if the opportunity came up

It's an opinion (and probably a correct one). Abramovich is constantly looking for a quick fix. Neither manager would go for it yet. And don't call me stupid.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He will be mad to employ either of them. It needs a big name AND someone who can deliver on the pitch. Something that neither Poyet or Zola have done yet, not at the highest level.
Whaaat?... they were both top level club and international players,.. they have both proved they can manage at a decent level,... Abramovich is probably tired of rolling out all these established names from overseas clubs, why not one ( or both) of these guys with masses of relevant Bristish football aswell as international experience. If I was Roman I would think them both a good option.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Online only yesterday, the very same paper said as a scoop??? that Avram Grant was coming back until the end of the season and Jose Mourinho was going to take over next season.

They just make this up as they go along, have people not realised this yet?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He has a £4 million boat. He is one of the richest people in the world. Do you honestly think he gives a seconds thought for the fans? He doesn't give a shit, and doesn't give two hoots about Chelsea's past before his tenure. He likes big names, big managers, and has had his fingers burnt by fans favourite Di Matteo (despite winning what he always wanted!).

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't think Poyet would be right for the Chelsea job but maybe that doesn't matter. We tend to think that Abramovich is on a constant quest for a decent long-term manager but maybe he actually prefers the revolving door model now. So if he gave the job to Gus, or Zola, he'd probably already be thinking about the successor to either of them.

Its one of the reasons why Chelsea will never have the class of Man United ... and I say that as someone who doesn't have any affection for Man U at all.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Whaaat?... they were both top level club and international players,.. they have both proved they can manage at a decent level,... Abramovich is probably tired of rolling out all these established names from overseas clubs, why not one ( or both) of these guys with masses of relevant Bristish football aswell as international experience. If I was Roman I would think them both a good option.

They have one League 1 title between them. Yes they are doing well in the Championship at the moment but Chelsea are looking to win the Champions League and Premier League which is a big step up from where they both are. I am sure that Poyet and Zola will be nearer that level one day but not now. Chelsea aren't exactly known for giving their managers time to build a squad up are they?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Zola. Has to be. He has the experience of the prem - albeit at a struggling WHU side.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They have one League 1 title between them. Yes they are doing well in the Championship at the moment but Chelsea are looking to win the Champions League and Premier League which is a big step up from where they both are. I am sure that Poyet and Zola will be nearer that level one day but not now. Chelsea aren't exactly known for giving their managers time to build a squad up are they?
Soooo, just for you to consider alongside your comments,.. before becoming Barcelona manager, Guardiola had just one years experience in management, and that was at Barcelona B, hardly top level experience..... and Del Bosque, Real Madrids most successful manager, only managed R Madrid B team for 3 years before delivering a raft of trophies for the men in white.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Difference being that they were at those clubs already and knew how the club worked and were unlikley to want to change much.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely Clarke is in the frame after doing very well at West Brom?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Difference being that they were at those clubs already and knew how the club worked and were unlikley to want to change much.
..and both Zola and Poyet have played for Chelsea, I see no difference, and besides your assertion was that top level management and experience was what excluded those two from the Chelsea job, not whether they new what the club structure was about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
..and both Zola and Poyet have played for Chelsea, I see no difference, .

I see a big difference, both the people you mention were promoted from within having at least managed within albeit at a lower level. Poyet and Zola left Chelsea years ago and are not indoctrinated with the club philosphy.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
..and both Zola and Poyet have played for Chelsea, I see no difference, and besides your assertion was that top level management and experience was what excluded those two from the Chelsea job, not whether they new what the club structure was about.

Exactly, and neither of them have top level management experiance, except Zola, who didnt really set the world alight at West Ham did he.

Anyway, this is a pointless conversation.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He has a £4 million boat. He is one of the richest people in the world. Do you honestly think he gives a seconds thought for the fans? He doesn't give a shit, and doesn't give two hoots about Chelsea's past before his tenure. He likes big names, big managers, and has had his fingers burnt by fans favourite Di Matteo (despite winning what he always wanted!).

RA's yacht is 557 foot long and costs £1.5bn

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's an opinion (and probably a correct one). Abramovich is constantly looking for a quick fix. Neither manager would go for it yet. And don't call me stupid.

I'm sorry but if you think Poyet wouldn't jump at the chance given the comments that he has made in the last 24 hours then it would suggest you are an idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here