Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Launch complaint

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Respect's also a two way thing. Ref's never respect the players or managers either. I would love a ref to have to give an interview after the game as well, explaining the decisions and why they made them during the game. Instead, we rarely ever actually find out what was going through their mind and what they think they saw. Then I'd start to respect them more, because at the moment it feels like there is very little repurcussions for big decisions.

Sorry, have I missed a ref running 40 yards to scream in someone's face?

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
If the Fa find the ref guilty, surely anything more than a 4 game ban for him will smack of double standards? He did have a shocker though!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
They have got a right to be bad losers today...they got f***ed over by some terrible decisions.

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be f***ed off tonight. Even from a neutral point of view, I had a grump becuase it ruined what was up to that point an incredibly good game which turned shit instantly.

That said, I find it hard to believe a referee would be stupid enough to be racist. I mean, really?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The bad news, the REALLY bad news, is that he's likely to be demoted and we'll get the twat sometime soon and he'll f*** us over like he did Chelsea today.

If its for racist comments, he'll be banned. If its for giving Hernandez's goal and sending off Torres, he'll be given United's next 10 big matches.

Shit ref. Makes shoddy decisions week in, week out.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Did you see how many of them shouted in his face? I'd swear back at them too. I know the guys not perfect but you reap what you sow. Clubs and the FA have allowed players to behave like yobs for years. I'd be amazed if his comments were racist, but am not the least bit surprised that he swore at the players. Spoilt, abusive bastards.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Anyone remember that documentary from 15-20yrs ago when the ref David Elleary was microphoned up for an Arsenal game, (I think it was against millwall). He was called a cheat and all sorts of shit by the players. I'm sure the clip is on YouTube somewhere. I'm not a pro lip reader but it certainly looks a lot worse these days. This is surely a case of the pot calling the kettle black*

(*no racist offence meant by this saying)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was appalling today. Appalling to the point that you'd genuinely have reason to question whether there was more to it. Baffling decision to send off Torres. Dreadful.

What was baffling about sending off a man for diving who was already on a yellow card ?
More to it to it ? Whatever do you mean by that ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was appalling today. Appalling to the point that you'd genuinely have reason to question whether there was more to it. Baffling decision to send off Torres. Dreadful.

I don't think he was THAT bad, I've seen far worse refereeing performances barely get mentioned but because it's in favour of Man United it's a big issue. Do people really still believe in the pro-United conspiracy? I thought the Torres red card was extremely harsh and he seemed very intent on cracking down on all possible dives which is going to lead to cards because there are so many every game. Did you see the Everton game, there was a deffinite theme there too of the referee booking possible divers at all opportunities. Might be a coincidance, but both might have been told to be really stern and not give much benefit of the doubt. I'm all for booking divers and stamping it out, and you're going to get mistakes when you do that because you can't be 100% sure everytime.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Did you see how many of them shouted in his face? I'd swear back at them too. I know the guys not perfect but you reap what you sow. Clubs and the FA have allowed players to behave like yobs for years. I'd be amazed if his comments were racist, but am not the least bit surprised that he swore at the players. Spoilt, abusive bastards.

totally agree with this! stinks of hypocrisy. players constantly surround the ref,scream abuse at them,try and bully them i'm not surprised he's given some back...take it back if it's racist but i doubt it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What was baffling about sending off a man for diving who was already on a yellow card ?
More to it to it ? Whatever do you mean by that ?

So the studs dragged down Torres' shin pad was diving was it? The offending player (Evans) has a recent history of tackles like that (Shelvey for example). Torres probably should have seen red instead of his first yellow but that was not a dive.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Before people start getting in a daily mailesque frenzy over this, too late for some posters already it seems!, it could be a complete load of bollox. After all we are talking about Chelsea here, a club with a recent history of lying and racism. He sent two of their players off ffs, sounds like an incredible case of sour grapes designed to try and drop him in the shit, it'll come to pass that the players 'misheard' or 'misunderstood' his comments but the aim will have been achieved by then of trying to cast doubt on him as a racist. f***ing horrible club Chelsea.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Before people start getting in a daily mailesque frenzy over this, too late for some posters already it seems!,... f***ing horrible club Chelsea.

You started off well and then descended into Mailesque rage! I don't think you can honestly criticise Chelsea FC for the actions of Terry, can you?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Football being dragged in the gutter again(once again Chelsea involved ) another story that's going to dominate every back page of the newspapers tomorrow
Such a shame such a good weekend of football I wonder if Chelsea had won or held on to the draw anything would have been said
Week after week football getting bad publicity the feel good factor of sport and the olympics is well & truly over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here