Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Launch complaint

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Chelsea have submitted a formal complaint to the refs association for inappropriate language used to 2 x Black players by Mark Clattenberg :mad:

Now Geoff Shreeves has been told (by a source) it may have been of a Racist nature. Although that is unsubstantiated dont want anyone getting in trouble!

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know Chelsea are no angels but I always think Clattenburg comes across as extremely arrogant for a referee.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I know Chelsea are no angels but I always think Clattenburg comes across as extremely arrogant for a referee.

I agree. I think he is one of the "look at me" referees which is what he did today with the Torres red card.

clattenburg_787099c.jpg

Attachments

• clattenburg_787099c.jpg
    clattenburg_787099c.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 371

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I agree. I think he is one of the "look at me" referees which is what he did today with the Torres red card.

clattenburg_787099c.jpg

Exactly what I said when it happened Look at me Im Mark Clattenberg I can make a controversial decision. Im the saviour of Football. Twat of a ref.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I've been thinking about the 'Respect' campaign, which is to, unsurprisingly, respect officials. I listened to some of TalkSport and BBC 5Live's output today on a couple of the games, and the commentators and summarisers were sitting in their ivory towers absolutely slating the officials. Youngsters and Sunday leaguers would have heard all this, and will probably go out to play the following weekend with very little 'respect' in their hearts towards officials due to what they heard on the radio. Bit of double standards from the broadcasters I reckon ???

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Just to reiterate: The racial claim was by a source of Geoff Shreeves and is unsubstantiated. Also Mark Clattenberg has not responded as of yet. Just wanted to clear that up after all whats happened on NSC over the past few weeks.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I've been thinking about the 'Respect' campaign, which is to, unsurprisingly, respect officials. I listened to some of TalkSport and BBC 5Live's output today on a couple of the games, and the commentators and summarisers were sitting in their ivory towers absolutely slating the officials. Youngsters and Sunday leaguers would have heard all this, and will probably go out to play the following weekend with very little 'respect' in their hearts towards officials due to what they heard on the radio. Bit of double standards from the broadcasters I reckon ???

Respect's also a two way thing. Ref's never respect the players or managers either. I would love a ref to have to give an interview after the game as well, explaining the decisions and why they made them during the game. Instead, we rarely ever actually find out what was going through their mind and what they think they saw. Then I'd start to respect them more, because at the moment it feels like there is very little repurcussions for big decisions.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The bad news, the REALLY bad news, is that he's likely to be demoted and we'll get the twat sometime soon and he'll f*** us over like he did Chelsea today.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Respect's also a two way thing. Ref's never respect the players or managers either. I would love a ref to have to give an interview after the game as well, explaining the decisions and why they made them during the game. Instead, we rarely ever actually find out what was going through their mind and what they think they saw. Then I'd start to respect them more, because at the moment it feels like there is very little repurcussions for big decisions.

But what would they say that's not obvious from the decisions they make. Clattenburg shows Torres a second yellow for diving, because he didn't see any contact. If a ref gives a controversial penalty, it's because he thought he saw a foul / handball. An interview is unlikely to shed any more light on what happened.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

clattenburg_787099c.jpg

That's the Basil Faulty silly German walk. Certainly racist.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local

At the moment, they don't give interviews after games, and I reckon that is a good thing. If they knew they had to do so after games, it might play on their minds, and they wouldn't give controversial decisions they knew they would get slated for afterwards. They can't get everything right all the time, and if one manager is happy after a game, it usually means the other one is not, so the ref will get slated either way, which would be counter-productive...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here