Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheesed off Female Fan!

One of the funniest wind-up's in years.
HOWEVER, if it's real then frankly love you've put the cause of women attending football matches back 30 years.
My mum stopped going to football when Chris Cattliin suggested men let the women do the shopping so the blokes could get to football. Prior to that she put up with probably the worst conditions for fans in football's history, including mass violence at away games. Without flouncing about ANY OF IT.
My wife's first game was the York City riot at the Goldstone. Did she moan? HELL NO!
My 10 year old daughter has put up with swearing, bad food, bad football, bad and invasive stewarding. Did she still want a season ticket for the Amex. DAMN STRAIGHT SHE DID!
You don't know you're born if your moans about the Amex are real.
If you were a bloke I'd suggest you "grow a pair". So whatever the equivalent is, please do so.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Blimey. You are lucky. I walked around the stadium twice try to find a decent looking female security person to search me:D

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Fellow Fans, This is the first year I have had the capacity and wherewithal to be able to purchase a season ticket. The new stadium is truly fantastic and long long overdue for the club and for the people of this superb city of ours. To be able to participate in recent events has been wonderful for me. The atmosphere is truly great. I have held back for a fair few weeks now to air my grievances over discrepencies in the opening of the new stadium and how I believe things should be perfected. Hey, guys I know its early days and a good job has been done so far but here are mine. Please bear in mind I have been to EVERY game since we opened.
Catering - way below standard, although queue problem slightly improved since opening.
Catering Prices - way too high for below standard fodder that is far surpassed by a burger van!
Stewards - Well, what can I say - here we go, absolute ner do wells, not all of them (as a forty odd year old woman to be confiscated a bottle of perfume out of my handbag and told to collect at the end of the game is absolutely disgusting)
Stewards/Body Searching - Now this happened to me at Withdean and now flipping bag searching at AMEX - I actually feel this is a bloody infringement on MY human rights. Its totally degrading and bloody well unnecessary.
Bottle Tops: Upon purchasing a bottle of water (yes water), I was informed by the serving member of staff that in the interests of health and safety my bottle top had to be removed - what a load of absolute shite! There are people in the stadium with bloody heavy metal flasks full of soup and other people with bottle tops on their drinks - pissed off I was (especially after having said bottle of perfume confiscated - which I then had to collect at end of game!)
Anyway, nuff said for now, Mr Bloom and Co, hope you check in on all your supporters chat and all points are taken on board. I know its early days but seriously I hope this club does not try to run before it can walk. PR is a very powerful machine - take care to treat your fans with the respect they deserve after all the years they have been waiting for this!

What has being Female got to do with any of this?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Hope next time they confiscate your season ticket sunset. Big stadium football's clearly not for you.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
What about us male fans one of whom (me) was asked to remove his (very elegant) Stetson Hat on entering Dicks Bar on Saturday as it was 'unsuitable'. Half way up the stairs I put it back on again to the cheers of all around me. What did he think I was going to do, imitate Odd-Job in that Bond film and go around throwng it at people?

What a bozo!

"Stewards/Body Searching - Now this happened to me at Withdean and now flipping bag searching at AMEX - I actually feel this is a bloody infringement on MY human rights. Its totally degrading and bloody well unnecessary."

I can just hear it in London now: Chav rioter carrying a tv plus several bags "No officer you can't search me, I feel it is a bloody infringement of my human rights, it is totally degrading and bloody well unnecessary!" Met cop "shut the f**k up while I beat you with my stick, you little chav tw*t!"

Wake up and smell the roses sweetheart! This is life I'm afraid!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't think so. I got my first negative rep for my reply. :(

Strange considering virtually every reply has "corrected" her stupid post and she hasn't had the guts to post again. Yet she decides to hand out neg reps ! Anyway, have a positive one on me :)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Strange considering virtually every reply has "corrected" her stupid post and she hasn't had the guts to post again. Yet she decides to hand out neg reps ! Anyway, have a positive one on me :)

Back atcha. To be honest, some of the sexist comments on this thread are a bit out of order, but if you start by saying you're a FEMALE fan, as if that's relevant to your argument, then that's what you get.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
yeah, it was a rant most likely. anyone who does not agree gets bad rep from sunset. makes you think what real footie banter would be like with her...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It's a genuine rant. I was behind her when she got her perfume confiscated and she wasn't happy to say the least! I mean, why take perfume to a game anyway?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here