Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheers Colin - thanks for, errr....well. Thanks.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Dear CKR,

f*** off you ungrateful little shit.

Regards,

The Albion faithful

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Rusco said:
JTM

Now's probably the time for you to tell us exactly what's been going on and what you know about the whole stand off situation

I would love to tell all and sundry mate, but seriously i've been advised that for legal reasons I can't say anything. Hopefully I wont have to say anything and the people more involved will spill the beans in time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Jam The Man said:
I would love to tell all and sundry mate, but seriously i've been advised that for legal reasons I can't say anything. Hopefully I wont have to say anything and the people more involved will spill the beans in time.

Is that action by the club or Colin or both?

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Jam The Man said:

Yeah right, legal reasons....

Now that CKR has gone how about he stays gone and he and his merry entourage shut their mouths. I don't think I could take any more whinging about the club from someone who I rarely saw put any effort for the team and spent most of his time sulking.

Oh and he only has to complain or sulk ONCE and Warnock will have him out. Have you ever seen a Warnock team play? My God the boy will stick out like a sore thumb.

Good luck!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
if a club desparate for a striker can buy a dud for over £100k (federico) and lose three good ones because they are bad sorts (knight, mccammon, richards) to better clubs then there is something seriously wrong.

Jam The Man said:

Can you pm me, I'll change the names and post it. They are welcome to come and sue me the ****s.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Lokki 7 said:
Can you pm me, I'll change the names and post it. They are welcome to come and sue me the ****s.

LOL! I like your thinking! Someone already tried that and got banned (not on my advice though!)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Kinky Gerbils said:
Is that action by the club or Colin or both?

The easy answer to that is for me to say that I wouldn't believe a word coming out of the club. But i'll get criticised for sayiong that...
Like I said yesterday, it'll all be swept under the carpet to save face.
I think Micky Adams said something similar when we flogged David Cameron under a cloud.."It'll all come out in my memoirs what really happened!" or something like that!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I find the whole thing quite amusing, CKR's whole entorage, advisors and hangers on reminds me of what used to follow various boxers around in the 90's.

I am sure Warnock will boot them back to which ever hole they crawled out of if they start kicking off, and they better get used to reserve team football as its about the only thing their gravy train will be getting up to.

I hope all goes well for you Colin, Warnock may just be the man to get the best out of you, if you ditch the attitude, and the advisors you may just get the lifestyle you crave so badly.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Colin, you're hardly worth the ink used in this thread pal and pleased McGuee's got rid of you. Woolworths has potential too but everyone knows it's shit in reality.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's a shame he's gone. He was a talent.

But a sulky talent. let's hope there are no other players left to ruin the "Dressing Room Spirit". (assuming there still is one)

I agree with the views that he has too many advisors. Reminds me of Anelka and his advisors (his brothers after a fast buck).

Sheffield United? Oh yes, a good grave yard for Brighton Players.

One word of advice Colin, DON'T do a Knight and slag off the club. You will have nothing to gain from such an outburst.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The fact he's got a Premiership club just AMAZES me. I was having the discussion at Lords on Saturday where I was saying that he was as good as gone, and my friend would ask, "But who in The Championship is going to buy him, seeing as he scored so few goals in that division last year?"

It was a question I struggled to answer but suggested one of the teams he scored a spectacular goal against, may go for him, and perhaps just offer an unhappy striker in return.

I was honestly struggling to think of why a mid-table Championship side would want him. A Premiership club? :eek:

Quite unbelievable. Well Colin, you've got your payday, spend the money wisely mate as it may not last long. Zamora took a while to settle at that level and you are nowhere NEAR that good. While Danny Cullip toodled off to Sheff Utd (at a lower level) and believe me, if you don't fit with want Warnock thinks he's getting you may not be around long.

:wave:

You won't be missed.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
CKR's entourage remind me a poor mans version of what went on with Anelka.

Every season or so cause a bit of unrest, engineer a move, get a nice signing on fee and earn off the boy.

People who have met CKR say he is a nice enough lad off the pitch, well if that is the case his advisors are not doing their job as they are putting ideas in his head to earn off him.

Oh and Colin, to become a decent player (you have some talent), you need to work on your short comings, like heading, positionial sense, tracking back, passing to your team mates, holding the ball up, staying on your feet etc. Otherwise the lower leagues, followed by the Conference, where at present you deserve to be, beckon.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
People are saying they're amazed he's gone to a Premiership club, but that's exactly what Paul Brooker did with Leicester. It worked out ok for him, he's fullfilled his potential and is now playing for Barcelona isn't he? Well it's some team beginning with 'B'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Uncle Buck said:
People who have met CKR say he is a nice enough lad off the pitch, well if that is the case his advisors are not doing their job as they are putting ideas in his head to earn off him.

On the occasions I have seen him through Junior Seagulls events he was very friendly and seemed a very decent young man

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Easy 10 said:
Oh well. A waste of a player at this level cos I really think he could have had a great season for us. But welcome to your NEW career in the Premiership reserves, Col. Some lovely (empty) stadiums for you to play in...if you're lucky, you might even get to play against your old club Bury in the Coca Cola Cup next month.

Bye bye. Unlike Bobby, I don't expect to hear about you again.

:wave:

Spot on. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here