Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton game also moved

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Anyone know if and when an official, or otherwise, whizzy calendar thingy will be released to populate our fixtures? Really c.b.a to enter each game manually!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
BHAFC‏@OfficialBHAFC

#BHAFC v #LUFC will now be played on Friday 2nd November, kick-off 7.45pm, and broadcast live on Sky Sports.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I accept what you are saying but when the fixtures come out, like everybody they look to see how many games that are difficult for them to get to etc and make arrangements. Then without any thought or consideration of the supporters the club change a game. Should the supporters, many of whom will have bought a ticket already be considered, especially knowing that the vast majority of people are off on a bank holiday, so thus able to attend.

How many people have had to make re-arrangements as a result of the change of the Charlton game? Most people know the fixtures get changed soon after release for Sky etc. and wait to let it settle down by mid-July or so and then can assume the fixtures at that point are more settled.
It's not as if the changed games are in a few days/weeks time (which I understand is poor form), they have given LOADS of notice (FOUR and NINE months notice in the case of Charlton/Leeds!!!).

Fair port

Apr 19, 2012
I agree with the frustration of some fans who have to reorganize their schedules but it comes with the territory now; we are more popular with Sky and we have made agreements which we have to keep with our neighbors.My only comment is why do we still have a.7.45 kick off and not 7.30 as the major issue is the transportation especially the trains and finishing 15 minutes earlier might help us all get home on the same day the match started.Just a thought I know some will claim they struggle to get there but with increased use of the trains and the crappy train service later in the evening a slightly earlier might help many of us

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm really looking forward to the palace away game on a saturday at 3pm. That won't be changed surely?!

I'd be surprised if it wasn't - same time as the West Ham vs Chelsea game I believe , the Charlton vs Millwall that days been moved and I'm guessing alot of the policing will be focused on the 'ammers game.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'd think not very...we've played Millwall in the reverse fixture on Boxing day only a few years back.
If anything it might keep away some of the pratts who like to smash up things if they are still playing with their new toys from Christmas.

That is not the issue - its transport for us and them - whether the P&R can cope if there are no trains through Falmer

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think some form of trains will run, albeit a limited shuttle between Lewes and Brighton every 15/20 minutes or so - with a couple of extensions to/from Eastbourne and an extra train to London, no idea how the extra costs would be met though. Expecting sub 18000 capacity Boxing Day though, due to the lack of transport.

Id expect P&R, Coaches and matchday buses to run as normal but normal buses will run to a special timetable. Sure it will all be sorted in time though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here