Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton game also moved

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
Cant say for definite, but most business like this is dealt with within the two weeks after the fixtures are annonuced. Sky have nominated their first set of games so where we are now is likely to be it. Until Sky nominate the next set of games.

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
This was announced yesterday if you dont know. Everyone knows what Bank Holidays in Brighton are always like anyway, constant protests and a shedload of day visitors. Would of been heaving so the last thing the Police would have wanted is a game on that day.

Again, I will say, nothing to do with the Police.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why is everybody getting so upset, as soon as I saw the fixture I said that will be moved, surely I'm not the only one who thought that

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Guys, this was nothing to do with us. The two clubs have agreed this.

If this is the case then the club are totally at fault and are showing no regard for Season Ticket Holders who will have bought their ST expecting games to be played on Saturdays and Bank Holidays in the main, to change one for no apparent reason other than to give the players an extra day off is a p..s take by the club and shows complete disregard to fans..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If this is the case then the club are totally at fault and are showing no regard for Season Ticket Holders who will have bought their ST expecting games to be played on Saturdays and Bank Holidays in the main, to change one for no apparent reason other than to give the players an extra day off is a p..s take by the club and shows complete disregard to fans..

So are we going to lose all those STH's who were promised Saturday games when we get promoted to the premiership - how about last season when we went three months without a home 3pm saturday league game

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield

Don't see what all the fuss is about myself. If Gus thinks the players having an extra days preparation and rest is going to improve our chances of winning the game then I'm sure most fans won't have a problem with it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So are we going to lose all those STH's who were promised Saturday games when we get promoted to the premiership - how about last season when we went three months without a home 3pm saturday league game

That was Amex first season enthusiasm at work, I have a 300 mile round trip and still did the Liverpool/Leeds/Palace games, I don't think I will be as keen this year, even with my ST continuing. If it is as stated just to give an extra day, I say fook aarrff, you earn enough apparently.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Again, I will say, nothing to do with the Police.

Fair enough then, would have thought the club could make an explanation about it though.

Sorry, if you buy a ST expecting games to be on a Saturday and Bank Holiday Mondays - then im not sure a ST is for you. There is ALWAYS the possibility of games being moved to midweek. God help us if we ever qualified for Europe, would just be constant moaning about how the games arent at the weekends :facepalm:

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Don't see what all the fuss is about myself. If Gus thinks the players having an extra days preparation and rest is going to improve our chances of winning the game then I'm sure most fans won't have a problem with it.

This.

I also blame Sussex Police. :bigwave:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

So you only bought your ST because you want to watch games on Saturdays and Bank Holidays. Get used to it cos the club is going only one way, god forbid the moans on here if we get into the top flight, wont be many Saturday games at all.
If moving the fixture enables the players to have a day extra to recover makes the difference to us getting into the playoffs or even promoted, they can play midweek ever home game for all i care

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we get to the Prem and or Europe fans will be aware of this and will buy their ST accordingly/. It doesn't affect me being retired but my 3 sons struggle to make evening games especially the day after a bank holiday when their work load is increased due to the bank holiday and I am sure that there are many in the same boat.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
When we get to the Prem and or Europe fans will be aware of this and will buy their ST accordingly/. It doesn't affect me being retired but my 3 sons struggle to make evening games especially the day after a bank holiday when their work load is increased due to the bank holiday and I am sure that there are many in the same boat.

It's unfortunate for those that are affected but they are in the minority. No matter when a game is played it will always be inconvenient for someone - that's life.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept what you are saying but when the fixtures come out, like everybody they look to see how many games that are difficult for them to get to etc and make arrangements. Then without any thought or consideration of the supporters the club change a game. Should the supporters, many of whom will have bought a ticket already be considered, especially knowing that the vast majority of people are off on a bank holiday, so thus able to attend.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cant say for definite, but most business like this is dealt with within the two weeks after the fixtures are annonuced. Sky have nominated their first set of games so where we are now is likely to be it. Until Sky nominate the next set of games.

Fan-Dabby-Dozy :) thanks!

RE: the Birmingham game , any chance that'll be moved to the evening ? like the Hull game last season?

If we are getting into how this affects a few individuals, can I just say that it's easier for me to organise the transport my organisation provides, if bank holiday Monday games ARE changed to Tuesdays.

But having said that, I can't see that it's a factor that matters, when these decisions are considered.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Makes no difference to me, I work shifts and am just as likely to be able to do an evening game as a weekend one. In fact possibly better for me as I get 2 days off in the week but I won't know till September which days they will be.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Planning to go on holiday on the 18th of March 2013, and coming home on the 2nd of April. Now the Charlton game has been moved, it means the wife and myself won't miss any home games, so great news.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems to be a storm in a teacup. There are those that are affected but as others have said, they are in the minority. And is it just me or have we always had midweek league fixtures? Finally, anyone who get's their hopes up based on the fixture release date needs their head examined. There always have been alterations to the released fixtures and always will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here