Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans like us........

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Well it's nice to have one club which isn't full of malicious bitter homophobic nobs. I do like charlton, unlike many other clubs who have spent time in the top divisions, their fans don't seem to share the arrogance of Leeds, Birmingham etc. They seem more concerned with supporting their team.

Brighton fan accusing others of arrogance, classic.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Charlton always a good day out. Plus they hate the nigels.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry if im being stupid but here goes
Everybody has a team they support, us obviously being the Albion

Now. There are certain teams people have a soft spot for, mine is Sheffield utd cause my sis in laws mums bf used to be chairman

Could someone answer me this please

Is there ANYONE out there who has a soft spot for palace? Cause to me they're just complete dickheads....some fans are ok, but the majority of them are just plain wankers

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Don't know why the Palace fans on here are being so antsy. They should be out partying in the streets, celebrating the fixture computer doing them a favour. The team who relegated them from the Premiership aren't going to relegate them from the Championship (they mathematically can't be that far adrift by Feb 2nd, the last time we play them).

D

Deleted member 22389

Sorry if im being stupid but here goes
Everybody has a team they support, us obviously being the Albion

Now. There are certain teams people have a soft spot for, mine is Sheffield utd cause my sis in laws mums bf used to be chairman

Could someone answer me this please

Is there ANYONE out there who has a soft spot for palace? Cause to me they're just complete dickheads....some fans are ok, but the majority of them are just plain wankers

Can't stand them. They turn a good day bad.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does it sound logical to you, that 15,000 people with no previous care or affiliation to Brighton & Hove Albion, during a recession, would spend £500+ on a season ticket just because a stadium has been built at Falmer?

Same question to [MENTION=2453]essexeagle[/MENTION] seen as he's banging on about the same thing on another thread.

It's quite surprising that you haven't had a response to that yet. Actually, it isn't-they're still struggling to understand what you've said, we could be waiting a long time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
we've been to the prem and will do again

Who'll be paying for it the next time? Your board of multi billionaires or local businesses, the tax payers of the UK and charities like the previous 2 times?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've never felt the need to sign up to a Palace forum(if they have one?)

But are we equally as annoying and retarded on their board as they are here? I hope not.

Why would a Palace fan come to a Brighton forum?

Retarded? Was that a play on your username ? As for coming on here well why not .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Don't know why the Palace fans on here are being so antsy. They should be out partying in the streets, celebrating the fixture computer doing them a favour. The team who relegated them from the Premiership aren't going to relegate them from the Championship (they mathematically can't be that far adrift by Feb 2nd, the last time we play them).

Fatster, I do remember that fateful day and yes you did celebrate it wildly didn't you . I don't blame you , who wouldn't celebrate sending their rivals down ( even thou it's a one sided rivalry ) . Hope you enjoy meeting your new love match this season , I have forgotten who your rivals are I really have . The trouble you might find is they are getting too big for their boots and you'd probably be classed as not good or big enough . Enjoy the flirting , they are only doing it to make us jealous .

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
which one is he? Lewis Dunk of Anfield fame, the player who can't control his balls in the box?

CPFC has real fans, not plastic wannabes, its a proper football club, not a new build identikit ikea out of towner, and we've been to the prem and will do again whilst you shit yourself over 1000 new liverpool fans signed up for next season.

gonna actually win your home cup final this season? surely you should with all those extra flag waving plastics and awards for pies. clueless idiots

Couple of genuine questions for you...

1. How long will it take for you (and other Palace fans) to accept the 21,000 STHs as "real fans"? If they're still there in 5 years will you accept it? 10 years? 20 years? When the current STHs children are going? Not intending to be facetious - really, what's the answer?
2. Which other new stadia is the Amex identical to? Seriously.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Couple of genuine questions for you...

1. How long will it take for you (and other Palace fans) to accept the 21,000 STHs as "real fans"? If they're still there in 5 years will you accept it? 10 years? 20 years? When the current STHs children are going? Not intending to be facetious - really, what's the answer?
2. Which other new stadia is the Amex identical to? Seriously.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
23,000 :O

Bet palace add a few thousand phantom fans to their attendance so looks like there's not such of a gap.

CPFC has real fans, not plastic wannabes

Yep that would be the 200 that turned up at Lloyds to protest on your liquidation day in 2010. They rest are groupon groupies.

Crystal Palace a Championship Club with League One support

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Yep that would be the 200 that turned up at Lloyds to protest on your liquidation day in 2010. They rest are groupon groupies.

Crystal Palace a Championship Club with League One support

200 ,more like 80 or so fact

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Where did this 4k average come from?our lowest average was 5700 in a 6k capacity shitehole and then it was 7k capacity for many years.

I don't mind charlton to be fair although did laugh at the chap who said many of our so called new supporters are students:D

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
which one is he? Lewis Dunk of Anfield fame, the player who can't control his balls in the box?

CPFC has real fans, not plastic wannabes, its a proper football club, not a new build identikit ikea out of towner, and we've been to the prem and will do again whilst you shit yourself over 1000 new liverpool fans signed up for next season.

gonna actually win your home cup final this season? surely you should with all those extra flag waving plastics and awards for pies. clueless idiots

I actually think this is a work of brilliance it is so devoid of fact that it is hilarious, I really can't be bothered to go through the list but I am probably one of the fans you refer to as plastic - I have supported the Albion since 1977 and went to game regularly at the Goldstone, due to circumstance (eg serving Queen and country, living elsewhere, redundancy, young family, etc, ) I was unable to attend many games for the following years. I attending games at the Withdean on an infrequent nature but now living back in Sussex I jumped at the chance to get a season ticket for my son and I at the Amex and we loved every minute of last season. I can't wait to join 20k plus fans next year each game to enjoy our developing team, new home and new friends, can you say that?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I actually think this is a work of brilliance it is so devoid of fact that it is hilarious, I really can't be bothered to go through the list but I am probably one of the fans you refer to as plastic - I have supported the Albion since 1977 and went to game regularly at the Goldstone, due to circumstance (eg serving Queen and country, living elsewhere, redundancy, young family, etc, ) I was unable to attend many games for the following years. I attending games at the Withdean on an infrequent nature but now living back in Sussex I jumped at the chance to get a season ticket for my son and I at the Amex and we loved every minute of last season. I can't wait to join 20k plus fans next year each game to enjoy our developing team, new home and new friends, can you say that?

Great reply mate. That is me and my situation almost word for word (except for the queen and country bit) give or take a few years here and there! There are loads of us, thousands in fact and there's nothing plastic about us either most of us exiles followed the Albion away where possible too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here