Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Athletic vs Swindon Town

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Get in :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Swindon have looked alright so far imo, plenty of posession but Morrison at the back is a lumbering oaf. And McGovern is their best player, but is sat on the bench, what a waste. Alan O'Brien, playing instead of him, is dire.

And now Charlie Austin scores, 2-1 Swindon.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1) How do they get such good kit sponsors?
2) How have they got different sponsors in the same season?

It doesn't matter who sponsors you, it's more important how much they're paying you, surely, and I doubt Swindon are making an absolute mint out of it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I stand to be corrected by the Moonraker, should he appear, but I think I'm right in saying that Swindon's owner (Andrew Fitton) is in business with the chaps who own Samsung, and so they sponsor the third kit (the white one they're wearing today), which they wear when they're live on the TV (Away from home). They're sponsored by 442, who are partners with EA Games, hence having the EA Games logo on their shirts aswell as the 442 logo. In terms of marketing, it is genius for a club at this level to have such exposure in the biggest selling football magazine in this country, and your owner just happening to know and be good friends with the folks who own Samsung, that's just glorious.

Also, their season ticket holders get an incredible amount of benefits. I can't recite the whole list, my memory isn't good enough, but they get all sorts, including discounts at their cinema and discounts at a lot of local businesses. When Fitton bought the club, the first thing he did was try and make the fans more involved in the club and personally, I think that was a brilliant move. On the plus side, we get free travel to matches... they don't! Oh, and we get to watch the table topping Albion, and they don't!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Commentator was just mentioning a price of £2m for Austin, Shirley not...

That's the figure I've been repeatedly quoted for him. :lolol: Ambitious but rubbish.

Oh, and John-Paul McGovern comes on for the rubbish Alan O'Brien. Watch out for this bloke, quality player on the ball and had the highest number of assists in the league last season.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
On this performance Charlton won't be anywhere near the top 2 at the end of the season. In fact, they will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Also, while Austin is obviously a quality finisher, his all round game looks inferior to Glenn Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here