Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton announcer at the Valley sacked

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(I'm sure someone will have posted this by now, but just in case....)

The announcer at The Valley last night has been sacked for referring to our friends from Croydon as 'Palarse' etc.

Instant hero status?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Bozza said:
(I'm sure someone will have posted this by now, but just in case....)

The announcer at The Valley last night has been sacked for referring to our friends from Croydon as 'Palarse' etc.

Instant hero status?

The p***k was very quiet at the end and played "everybody hurts". Shame. The clowns beaten by our reserves.

Two words - job club.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Im sure being unemployed is something most palace fans will be able to sympathise with.

Better than being a spotty, hooligan-obssesed soap dodger Richie old son.

Is that it going off in Aldershot I can hear?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Charlton have sacked stadium announcer Brian Cole after he aimed a series of derogatory comments at Crystal Palace before Wednesday night's Carling Cup tie at The Valley.
Cole's jibes led to Palace officials making a formal complaint in the boardroom before the match had even started, and chief executive Peter Varney took the decision to stop him broadcasting again at half-time, before removing him permanently from the role earlier today.

"Brian Cole's comments were totally unacceptable, very embarrassing and the sort of thing Charlton Athletic do not want to be associated with," said Varney.

"We all accept that there is very strong rivalry between the two teams, and the banter and chanting that goes on among supporters is part and parcel of the game. But we simply cannot have someone performing a very public role for the club who makes such comments.

"I would like to apologise to Crystal Palace and their supporters for this total lack of respect, and also to anyone connected with Charlton who felt as embarrassed as I and my fellow board members did. If we do not stop this happening at our own ground, how can we protest if we are subjected to similar taunting at an away game?"

To make matters worse, there were a small number of incidents outside the stadium before the game which required police intervention.

"It was a highly-charged evening and regrettably the police were needed to deal with some situations in the vicinity of the stadium. To have our own announcer making inflammatory comments at the same time is indefensible.

"I have never experienced anything like that during my time at the club, and I certainly don't want to again. We have worked hard to attain a very good reputation within football, but we can just as easily lose that if we allow any individual to act in such a provocative way."

It is understood Palace intend to include the matter in their report on the match to the Premier League, and Charlton hope that by acting swiftly and speaking to the league this morning they can prevent any action on their part.

backfired after lossing 2-1 to the reserves

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I went to Charlton v Scum last night as i happened to be working in London!

They managed to sell out (3,500) but the noise they made was dissapointing. A few renditions of Ugly trolls red and white army clap clap clap. The only good song they did have was after a spell of no singing by either side Charlton finally sprang to life. Palace responded "we forgot that you where here, we forgot, we forgot, we forgot that you where here". Sadly that made me chuckle. Charlton hate Palace as much as us, and there were loads of "lads" out and about.

After the game we saw the Charlton firm viciously attack a police cone and then run off shouting "we hate palace". The big fat ring leader in a large duffle coat had to waddle very quickly to keep up with his mates. The Palace lads all hid behind the Police at the stations on mobiles making sure everyone could hear them saying things such as "how many of them" "whos with you" "well meet up in a minute" We had to control our laughter, as they made sure they had the Police horses and vans between them and Charlton! We joined our very downhearted Charlton mates afterwards for a commiseration beer.

It was still nice to hear Palace sing "we all follow the eagles over land and sea and BRIGHTON".

Not a good evening, apart from the sending off. Worse attempted dive to get a penalty i have ever seen. I thought the Charlton lad was going to kill him before the Referee red carded him for simulation!

Mr Blobby

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Mr Blobby said:

They managed to sell out (3,500) but the noise they made was dissapointing. A few renditions of Ugly trolls red and white army clap clap clap. The only good song they did have was after a spell of no singing by either side Charlton finally sprang to life. Palace responded "we forgot that you where here, we forgot, we forgot, we forgot that you where here". Sadly that made me chuckle. Charlton hate Palace as much as us, and there were loads of "lads" out and about.

After the game we saw the Charlton firm viciously attack a police cone and then run off shouting "we hate palace". The big fat ring leader in a large duffle coat had to waddle very quickly to keep up with his mates. The Palace lads all hid behind the Police at the stations on mobiles making sure everyone could hear them saying things such as "how many of them" "whos with you" "well meet up in a minute" We had to control our laughter, as they made sure they had the Police horses and vans between them and Charlton! We joined our very downhearted Charlton mates afterwards for a commiseration beer.

It was still nice to hear Palace sing "we all follow the eagles over land and sea and BRIGHTON".

Not a good evening, apart from the sending off. Worse attempted dive to get a penalty i have ever seen. I thought the Charlton lad was going to kill him before the Referee red carded him for simulation!

Mr Blobby

Glad you had a good time Blobby. The clowns hate us but we are indifferent to them. Save it for BHA. They are mightily unhappy about this result. Idiots.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
How far is Selhurst from the Valley? What about the New Den? They must all be withing a few miles of each other. I knew Palace would have a few at the game as London Bridge was full of em at about 5pm!

Glad you got a boring draw in the next ground. My hope that you would get Portsmouth or Cardiff away backfired, they got each other and you got the plumb draw!

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Even better was when the guy announced they were now showing highlights of their last game a "1-0" draw with Newcastle..

Guess he must have been on something.. :rolleyes:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Mr Blobby said:
How far is Selhurst from the Valley? What about the New Den? They must all be withing a few miles of each other. I knew Palace would have a few at the game as London Bridge was full of em at about 5pm!

Glad you got a boring draw in the next ground. My hope that you would get Portsmouth or Cardiff away backfired, they got each other and you got the plumb draw!

Millwall is probably 7-8 miles away and Charlton 10-12 miles at a guess.

Not sure about a plum draw - Man U 3rds v Our 2nds in front of about 25,000.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
paulie said:
Glad you had a good time Blobby. The clowns hate us but we are indifferent to them. Save it for BHA. They are mightily unhappy about this result. Idiots.

What on earth makes you think that we really care about you beating Charlton?

You really are a very bitter person aren't you?

Shocking behaviour by the Charlton PA announcer. Can you imagine that happening at Withdean?

Would Attila ever be allowed to get away with playing half an hour of inappropiate music on the theme of cheating before a big game against Chesterfield? Of course not.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Mr Blobby said:

Mr Blobby
You are a grade A ****.I here cafc should have been in blackheath but no sign off them.(so I'm told)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here