Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton and P'boro in for one of our players

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
let him go, he needs games and even if he leaves we can use the cash to buy the (better) painter

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As much as I love Jimmy Mac, I can't see it. I'd find it a bit of a stretch that he could slot straight into Charltons vacant left back position.

Its Charlton, not Juventus. They're third division junk now, like us.
And Jim would be replacing a FOURTH division leftback there.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Calm down Rich, its not a DIG.

Anyway, which bit would you say is untrue?

That you're mates with Jimmy?

That you've been leaked info [I didn't say who by...]

I know Simon you little flame haired tinker.

To say I was mates with Jimmy would be a huge exageration. I just talk to his old man a fair bit.

And anyway, I never said it was JIM...

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Its Charlton, not Juventus. They're third division junk now, like us.
And Jim would be replacing a FOURTH division leftback there.

I think you'll find it's THE Charlton Athletic.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ahh, well why didn't you say so.
But I'm still not entirely convinced they are a massive club, like say Leeds.

not many clubs getting 15k in this league, would we, long term, in a much better stadium?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well, we'll be finding out soon eh.

Hardly, we are getting a state of the art stadium, which i fully expect to carry us into the championship in 2 seasons(dont think we will make it next year), lets imagine we kept the goldstone, made minimal improvements and converted it to an all seater, would we be getting 15k?

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Jim is definitely good enough for Charlton, he's been very unfortunate here with injuries and now with Painter doing well. He is a great player.

I'd be happy to see him go and get some games providing a recall option was in place. I'd be gutted if we'd seen the last of him though as I seem to remember hearing Painter is out of contract at Swansea in the summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but how much are their cheapest adult tickets? £16 for a real football ground compared to £23 for an athletics stadium with no real roof. Not rocket science to see one reason why is it?

What a load of repeated tripe we are a business and have to charge that to attempt to cover our expenditure or would you rather that we followed the route of Southend, Portsmouth and eventually Chester so that a few extra can come into the ground cheaply.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could be Gary Dicker as Diego Arismendi is reputedly a defensive midfielder so would be an immediate replacement. Also thought Johnny Jackson, who they have on loan from Notts County, is a midfielder or at least he was at Spurs and on the times that he played against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here