Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Do you actually watch Brighton play?Running the show?????whats that -the magic show at the junior seagulls christmas party.

Did you understand your signature before you added it to your profile, or did it look hard so you thought that you would use it.

If there's one man that signature describes on and OFF the pitch, THAT MAN IS CHAS OATWAY!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Waterhall Wizard said:
Did you understand your signature before you added it to your profile, or did it look hard so you thought that you would use it.

If there's one man that signature describes on and OFF the pitch, THAT MAN IS CHAS OATWAY!

:lol:

Woody the Seagull said:
i thought everyone said he was quite good a few months ago. anyway, whenever someone like reid has a bad game, it mysteriously goes unnoticed...

The reason for most of the Charlie slagging on NSC is simple.

So many people on here wrote him off, but unfortunately and rather embarassingly for them, he's been first choice for two seasons now and played the best football of his life.

Because Charlie's made them look so silly in their footballing judgements, they've got a bit of a grudge against him.

So whenever we have a run of losses, he's a handy scapegoat to hand and allows them a bit of payback in saying they were right all along.

Sad really, because such small-minded behaviour gets in the way of interesting footy discussion on this site. Meanwhile, Charlie races past 200 appearances and goes on and on under another Albion manager :)

Last edited:

KinkyGoebels said:
Was he first choice last season?

No, obviously David Lee was.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oatway has been one of our best players this season, up until his suspension. its just the fact that people are so quick to criticise him. at preston on tuesday, one fan around me was so desperate to launch into abuse towards oatway, he started having a go at him, only to realise that it wasn't oatway who had given the ball away, but carpenter. give the guy a break

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Waterhall Wizard said:
Is that the best that you can come up with on your one thousandth post? Have you no sense of occasion?
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

There you go then,1 post late.Happy now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
London Irish said:
The reason for most of the Charlie slagging on NSC is simple.

So many people on here wrote him off, but unfortunately and rather embarassingly for them, he's been first choice for two seasons now and played the best football of his life.

Because Charlie's made them look so silly in their footballing judgements, they've got a bit of a grudge against him.

So whenever we have a run of losses, he's a handy scapegoat to hand and allows them a bit of payback in saying they were right all along.

Sad really, because such small-minded behaviour gets in the way of interesting footy discussion on this site. Meanwhile, Charlie races past 200 appearances and goes on and on under another Albion manager :)
That point would have some validity if it were not for the fact that this has not been the case with certain other players.

Think of the grief Darren Currie, Adam Hinshelwood, Michel Kuipers (and I am sure many others) got when they first started playing for us. There were plenty of people on here big enough to swallow their pride and their words when they started playing well.

KinkyGoebels said:
Like I and many people have said, you cant be in the side just because of your motivation skills at this level

I agree with that 100 per cent.

For the obvious reason that's not the only reason why he gets picked. :)

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
So you agree Oatway should be dropped.

Good on you.

i think what he is saying is that his motivational skills are not the only reason he is in the team - ie, he brings something to the side

Kneon Light said:
I always think Oatway looks good in a midfield of 5 (or at least one of 3 central midfielders) as at the start of theis season. Since we have gone to 4 in midfield he has looked stretched and out of his depth.

This is an interesting comment, and when I have time, I might check a few match reports and see if it's true or not.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
This is an interesting comment, and when I have time, I might check a few match reports and see if it's true or not.

What time of the year did the team pick up most points?

xmas

3 in midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here