Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Now i don't like to dish out stick to an individual player, maybe this isn't even directed at him a such but a question i really ned awnsering is - How the Fcuk is Oatway still playing for us, he should have been scrapped the moment we made it into the championship first time round a couple of years back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So long as MM gives him the shirt I'll get behind him. Have you wondered why, if he's not good enough, he is still here.

I guess it's because,

and wait for it,
you know what's coming,
yes,

WE CAN'T AFFORD ANYONE ELSE SO WE HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

Sake:angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Superphil said:
So long as MM gives him the shirt I'll get behind him. Have you wondered why, if he's not good enough, he is still here.

I guess it's because,

and wait for it,
you know what's coming,
yes,

WE CAN'T AFFORD ANYONE ELSE SO WE HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

Sake:angry:

My sentiments exactly.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Totally agree. Oatway is shit nowadays, sadly, but with minus millions in the bank, looks like we're stuck with him for the time being.

You going to Rotherham BHA.Fatboy?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He does wonders for morale in the dressing room so I hear. I'd rather have a 100%er than a more skilled player that doesn't give a :censored: .

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
eastlondonseagull said:
Totally agree. Oatway is shit nowadays, sadly, but with minus millions in the bank, looks like we're stuck with him for the time being.

You going to Rotherham BHA.Fatboy?

Don't know yet mate. will see what the ash front is like closer to the day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dougdeep said:
He does wonders for morale in the dressing room so I hear. I'd rather have a 100%er than a more skilled player that doesn't give a :censored: .

Thats why the team is in the shit right now

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oatway is the heart of the club and that is the view of the coaching staff.

He is instumental behind the scenes in giving the players (especially the younger ones) the confidence that has bought us so much success over the last few years.

Every manager since Adams has commented on the team spirit. New players such as Nicolas, McCammon etc. always comment upon it in the press.

A lot of it is down to our unique circumstances, but most of it is down to Charlie, even when Cullip was around who was more of the authority figure anyway.

In the above respects he is absolute gold dust and something that Mcghee would have picked up on very early on.

Whether he plays or not is another matter, but I strongly suspect they would hate to get rid of him even he never made the squad. He's seen as being that important.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Thats why the team is in the shit right now
Yes, it's that attitude of fans that means we have no money :shootself

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Leave Charlie Oatway alone, whatever some of you may think of him his contribution in the dressing room between now and the season is pivotal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Harty said:
Leave Charlie Oatway alone, whatever some of you may think of him his contribution in the dressing room between now and the season is pivotal.

Its not that, its the fact he does little on the pitch to carry on starting ahead of the likes of Hammond

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
clapham_gull said:

He is instumental behind the scenes in giving the players (especially the younger ones) the confidence that has bought us so much success over the last few years.

Every manager since Adams has commented on the team spirit. New players such as Nicolas, McCammon etc. always comment upon it in the press.

A lot of it is down to our unique circumstances, but most of it is down to Charlie, even when Cullip was around who was more of the authority figure anyway.

In the above respects he is absolute gold dust and something that Mcghee would have picked up on very early on.

Whether he plays or not is another matter, but I strongly suspect they would hate to get rid of him even he never made the squad. He's seen as being that important.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
What is good enough for the Championship ?

Charlie is no Viera but he IMO does a very important job in the midfield. He provides a link in the middle of the park. He has also IMO been more effectual than Chippy or Nicolas. If we could afford and attract better do you think we wouldn't.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
clapham_gull said:

If that is the case, he should have the non-playing role of "Club Captain" that Paul Rogers had at the end, with a real player with skill playing on the pitch. Charlie Oatway is a slow, shite player - fact! :angry:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
He has had a bad run of form lately. I do not agree with him being picked in front of Hammond because Hammond does venture into the oppositions box now and again.

With Hart and Knight suspended it is likely both Hammond and Oatway will start tomorrow, but Mark Mcghee may pull a suprise, as he often does and start with Watson in midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here