Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Brooker on Andy Murray

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do you think Fergie would've won more if he'd smiled more?

Also, regarding the Murray not gonna win any grand slams, wanna make a bet?

What ARE you talking about? We're talking about players, not managers, and Fergie as a player was mediocre at best. Not surprising with his demeanour.

As for Murray winning a Slam, IF it happens it will be because he gets his head right, which in turn will depend on him losing his 'victim' mentality. Wimbledon was a step in the right direction, he has to build on it but as things stand the other 3 all have a mental edge on him.

larus

What ARE you talking about? We're talking about players, not managers, and Fergie as a player was mediocre at best. Not surprising with his demeanour.

As for Murray winning a Slam, IF it happens it will be because he gets his head right, which in turn will depend on him losing his 'victim' mentality. Wimbledon was a step in the right direction, he has to build on it but as things stand the other 3 all have a mental edge on him.

I agree that his mental approach is one of his weaknesses. However, I believe that he has been trying to address this, and his body language this year has been better than previous years. He needs to keep the aggression in his gaem and stop reverting to a defensive game. That works against the lesser players, but against the top 3, over 5 sets, it doesn't. I believe that he will win a grand-slam, and I hope he stocks with Lendl as his coach. THe single-mindedness of someone like him can only be good for Murray.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I totally agree with you Larus. He has the talent and ability to win a Major, but it's all in the mind.

In some respects he reminds me of somebody else Scottish, difficult to warm to, who beat himself up, was prone to the odd gaffe and unable to win a major. One Colin Montgomerie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here