Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Austin or Brad WP?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
How about both. As either are probably pure fantasy, why not push the boat out.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't understand why people get so excited about the transfer window. It's exciting until you relise we're not going to sign anyone. And yes, Austin, although IMO BWP is more realistic

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
would be great to hang on to him but a big offer of 2 mill + and he would be off like a shot, we have already been trialing his replacement a young lad called john campbell from some colliery team up geordie way, got a hat trick on trial last week against torquay.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
don't know who your chief scout is but he seems to be doing a bloody good job, we will not get Austin, maybe we should hijack this player your trialling
would be great to hang on to him but a big offer of 2 mill + and he would be off like a shot, we have already been trialing his replacement a young lad called john campbell from some colliery team up geordie way, got a hat trick on trial last week against torquay.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Austin would have his pick of teams higher up than us, money or no money, so I can't see any way in which he'd be a realistic option. Hope he doesn't go to Celtic though: Scottish football is a graveyard for talented players and it would be a shame to see him waste his career for a quick buck.

Wright-Phillips seems to be having the first decent season of his career, and is the inferior of the two IMHO, therefore more likely. Still think he'll go to Palace or Millwall.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Austin will go in January it seems, I think just over a million will get him to be honest.
Which if we were already in the championship i would not mind us spending, but not yet.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Austin. My better half can't afford a new purse, phone and make-up kit if BWP reverts to his old ways...

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
we have turned down a bid from hull for austin, qpr and celtic have been sniffing, let the bidding war commence.

Surely he would come to a big club like Brighton, ambition et al rather than that team full of paranoia fans of that tin pot club from the east end of Glasgow. Just for the record, Lennon to be sacked by the end of January (you heard it here first)

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
We might be top of the league, but it doesn't change anything money wise. We didn't have enough to sign Lee Barnard or Billy Paynter, so where are we going to get the money to pay for these two ? Everyones letting our league position get to their head.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We might be top of the league, but it doesn't change anything money wise. We didn't have enough to sign Lee Barnard or Billy Paynter, so where are we going to get the money to pay for these two ? Everyones letting our league position get to their head.
Because they went to Leeds and Southampton, if clubs like that come in then yes you're right. For Austin they almost definitely will, Wright-Phillips maybe, maybe not.

I think we could see a big fee being spent this January anyway, Bloom has said many times he wants us to be in the Championship when Falner opens, what's happened on the pitch has made it clear that if we get a top striker that could very well happen. And Gus has said there's money available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here