[Albion] Changes at the AMEX

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think ultimately the distancing guidelines of 2m will be reduced to 1m and soon people will be able to extend their social bubbles to beyond people in their own household, at that point there is no reason why all people in the same social bubble can't sit together and less space needed between seats, plus with it being an outdoor setting this carries less risk than an indoor concert for example. I imagine they will have to close off every other row so that half of the capacity immediately out of action then something like 60-70% capacity in those rows utilised so maximum approx 10k. It will be a logistical nightmare, I don't envy how they will plan getting people in and out and around the concourses although our concourses are much more spacious than say Old Trafford or Anfield. They may also have to take into account peoples proximity to the stadium with preference for people as close as possible who can walk or cycle and not overload public transport and anyone outside of a certain radius excluded completely.

This sounds like the sort of madness being extended across the piece by HMG. The worst of all possible worlds: complicated, difficult to police, won't stop a super spreader spreading anyway, costly to implement, revenue lost due to the refunds necessary for those among the 22K who aren't let in, general disgruntlement, half arsed atmosphere....I would hope it is all or none, but it is much more likely that an even more fiendishly complicated and useless version of your plan is brought forward (with weekly revisions in the light of, er, a small torch purchased from Woolworths during the 3 day week).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
This sounds like the sort of madness being extended across the piece by HMG. The worst of all possible worlds: complicated, difficult to police, won't stop a super spreader spreading anyway, costly to implement, revenue lost due to the refunds necessary for those among the 22K who aren't let in, general disgruntlement, half arsed atmosphere....I would hope it is all or none, but it is much more likely that an even more fiendishly complicated and useless version of your plan is brought forward (with weekly revisions in the light of, er, a small torch purchased from Woolworths during the 3 day week).

It's not my plan but an idea of how it would work and a rough approximation on max capacity. I tend to agree, really in all likelihood it needs to be all or nothing, it is almost impossible to logistically plan at a modern stadium like the Amex let alone some other older stadia.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I agree.

The question then is, pre-vaccine, when will social distancing have been officially parked?

I think Gov will be watching the countries who are ahead of us on the curve carefully. To get things back up and running properly they will need to park it. Some things just don't work with social distancing-

-Public transport (and this means the 'work from home' advice cannot change until they give up on most of the social distancing measures.
-Cafes / restaurants / bars / pubs indoors- people will just stay away unless the rules go and it is actually a relaxing / pleasant experience.
-All mass gatherings- cultural and sport.
-International travel

In total that is a pretty big chunk of the economy, so I would guess it will be sooner rather than later. They can't commit to anything until the numbers have got lower. If we are at sub-500 cases in the UK in August I think we will see most of the measures gone by then.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I agree.

The question then is, pre-vaccine, when will social distancing have been officially parked?

Good question

According to the government ‘covid alert’ chart its when we reach level two which means COVID-19 is present but the infection rate and number of cases is ‘low’.

Not sure how low it needs to be but I’d guess when we are talking 100s of infections being reported a day rather than 1000s.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Contactless payment on everything (we knew this was coming in anyway)
Digital programme only
All singing and shouting banned as this would potentially spread the virus further if someone was a carrier
Heat scans on entry
No away fans
Cycling and walking to ground encouraged (but obviously no cycle helmets allowed in ground)
Albion themed masks available

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Bring back Gully's Girls?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Digital programme only
All singing and shouting banned as this would potentially spread the virus further if someone was a carrier
Heat scans on entry
No away fans
Cycling and walking to ground encouraged (but obviously no cycle helmets allowed in ground)

A protective cloak of lids ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Digital programme only
Heat scans on entry
No away fans

Cough mixture bottle tops confiscated on entry.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree.

might also depend on how quickly the antibodies test is rolled out and what information that gives us about the actual spread and the immunity levels . I am not sure whether someone who is immune can be a spreader, i suspect they can, nor am I sure whether you are immune after you have had it once. One would hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here