Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Changes at the AMEX

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just had an email this morning saying my Elbow concert (originally scheduled in April and then moved to October) has now been moved again to September 2021!

Elbow's been given the elbow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would they need the same level of stewarding and park and ride though?

Surely they could just scale it all back or is there some weird law is there to say different?

Calling [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] Law detail needed on matchday, please.

:shrug:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
How can it be anything more than an initial permitted crowd of 2,000?

Otherwise people need to closely pass each in aisles, plus trains and park n ride.

Would a low crowd with all tiers open be financially viable for the club, having to pay for stewarding inside and outside the stadium, and park n ride services?

Because when fans are allowed to go again it will be because ‘social distancing’ isn’t in force.

Therefore it won’t matter how many people are in attendance.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
rip the seats out and everyone to wear one of those fat sumo suits.

I remember a few years ago there was a load of kids in zorbs doing some half-time entertainment at a game. Who knew they could be trend-setters?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Elbow's been given the elbow.

:lolol:

Apparently all gigs at Brighton Centre looking to be moved to next year. Gutted as already lost Glastonbury and The Eagles this summer too. Many more to come I suspect. Maybe my hope of getting back to the Amex by January was a bit fanciful?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
No, of course not. If the ground isn't open to someone they'd get a refund for the game.

Your missing the point....
If DD’s are to be taken then the service you are paying for should be provided.
I know about social distancing etc but I don’t think the grounds should open until it’s safe for all ST holder’s
Not those with more points ( that’s for away games only )
1901 club ( not bothered if they want to pay more)

I’m also really not interested in a refund off my DD for the 22-23 season...

It’s a complete mess and it won’t be sorted anytime soon.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We could have the 1901 gang tearing up the terraces surely!

I estimating 1 in every 4 seats maybe? On a rota?

Not sure how they will get around getting access to your seat, rip out a few rows if it's safe?

No mask no entry?

No drinks and food being served in the ground?

If we have to wear masks I will give up my season ticket

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seems a bit extreme and not an option anyway until next year.

Not really. I am exercising my rights not to be forced to wear a mask. If I have to I won't go, same with any other places

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
With 22000 ST holders still paying full price ??

I don’t pay for 2 season tickets to enter a raffle to see if u can attend and be seated away from the wife.

I can foresee serious arguments about ticket allocation and the club having to fork out massive refunds as it can’t provide the service that’s paid for.

I know the club needs income but I would have suspended ST direct debits or just pay a £20 per seat holding fee.

How many of those 22k will decide not to go?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
There will be no crowds at all at games until all this social distancing lark is gone. Forget spreading a smaller crowd around the ground, that's nonsense. The main thing as others have said is the transport. With social distancing the queue for the train at Brighton will go down to and along the seafront!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
There will be no crowds at all at games until all this social distancing lark is gone. Forget spreading a smaller crowd around the ground, that's nonsense. The main thing as others have said is the transport. With social distancing the queue for the train at Brighton will go down to and along the seafront!

I agree. Some projections saying less than 500 cases across the whole of the UK by August-

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom

If it goes like that I doubt there would be any need for any serious restrictions come the start of the new season. More emphasis on hand washing etc. but that's it I reckon. If they want to be more conservative they will just extend the 'behind closed doors' phase.

Public transport in general does not work with social distancing measures of the sort which reduce capacity by 90%. Masks and handwashing etc is feasible but reducing capacity by 90% is not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here