Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoffs

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wonder if Swansea are going to play with a low defense and then hoof it for Lowe and Ayew runnings down the flanks or if they got something else to show me.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
My thinking exactly. Christ, we've only been in the Amex 10 years.

Besides, calling other clubs tinpot is pretty pathetic anyway imo. Bournemouth are just a pretty small club, that's all there is to it.

Exactly. Frankly Bournemouth are a very similar club to ourselves. Historically lower league, but climbed the ladder thanks to investment from a rich chairman. Nice seaside city, surrounded by a large hinterland with a significant population to tap into.

The difference is that we were able to build the stadium and infrastructure, whereas Bournemouth have invested in higher earning and bigger name players instead. Our approach is more sustainable, but theirs worked for several years in the PL and could get them promoted again immediately.

Lets not forget where we would be without Tony, and just how much money he poured into our previously provincial little club to establish us at this level.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People want us to pay £30M for Ivan Toney ? No thanks.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Never thought I’d say this but goosebumps from the 8000 Barnsley fans. How I’ve missed a true football atmosphere, not going to tomorrow’s match either but now feeling absolutely gutted I’m not.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Absolutely loving the Oakwell crowd. Hope they get a goal tonight.

Get me back to a full AMEX now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like Valerien Ismael has watched a Swansea game. Could be a long night for Cooper and his men.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not that I care because I think the idea that you have to wear face masks in a football stadium when you’re well spaced out yet you can take your face mask off whilst distanced in a pub, is absolute nonsense but literally none of the Barnsley fans are wearing face masks :shrug:

People voted with their feet or different rules in Yorkshire? :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Much better game than Muff v Brentford, the crowd participating helps.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Not that I care because I think the idea that you have to wear face masks in a football stadium when you’re well spaced out yet you can take your face mask off whilst distanced in a pub, is absolute nonsense but literally none of the Barnsley fans are wearing face masks :shrug:

People voted with their feet or different rules in Yorkshire? :lolol:

my brother is there and they were told when in their seat there is no need to wear a mask.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
25% and only just over 2,000 fans - :lol: - never forget they cheated to go up pls & seem to dislike us / be very jealous of us - put Bmuff in the Reading category personally - nothing club but don’t like them.

We're not jealous of you in the slightest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here