Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions League Final : Barcelona v Arsenal

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Im sorry woodchip but you are a f***ing numpty for these comments you useally talk sense but i cant agree with you on this!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
culvers said:
Why would he get sent of on purpose?

A rash poor decision? the way he had his hand wrapped around the ankle suggested to me that he tripped him on purpose, not just caught him.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Should have let the goal stand and booked Lehmann. Given that Barca actually scored, surely the should have had the advantage?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i think the ref had to send him off for a tackle like that in my opinion!!

you can argue till the cows come home but its done now, and someone would moan either way

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Springal said:
i think the ref had to send him off for a tackle like that in my opinion!!

But a red card offence is for denying a goal-scoring opportunity. Lehmann obviously didn't do that because Barca actually scored straight after. Let the goal stand and a yellow for Lehmann is my final verdict.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
He was the last man, player through on goal, no contact of the ball, only the player. If that was a defender it would be a straight red. As it was the goalie outside the area there is no doubting the fact it should be a straight red!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Dawsey said:
But a red card offence is for denying a goal-scoring opportunity. Lehmann obviously didn't do that because Barca actually scored straight after. Let the goal stand and a yellow for Lehmann is my final verdict.

But he did deny a goal scoring opportunity.

It just so happened they had a second immediately afterwards.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sol scores :clap2: :bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just as well the lino with the Barca top WASN'T an official tonight :lol:

TThe non-penalty / non-goal / sending-off / substitution was one decision that left BOTH teams seriously pissed off

& That's what great about football. Just when you think you've seen every combo of dramatic events, up pops another. Love it.

Oh, yes, and even as we hit keys, bllomin' Sol campbell pops up and SCORES! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here