Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions League 2024/25

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Did I just hear that right ?
McManaman defending Nunez performance, when he got subbed, saying he’s young and doesn’t know the language ?
How much did Liverpool pay for him TWO years ago ??

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
McManaman defending Nunez performance, when he got subbed, saying he’s young and doesn’t know the language ?

He's 25 as well, not exactly young for a footballer. Weird how they still talk about him 'coming good' as if he's 19 or something. He is the way he is. Lots of strengths and ability, but he's erratic and has no composure in front of goal. I think he would've been better off joining us as a 'stepping stone' before moving to an elite club tbh.

There's no excuse for not having a basic grasp or being able to understand instructions in English after two years of living here anyway, with the club no doubt paying for you to have the best tutoring and your day being your own when training finishes at what, 2/3pm?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

£64m if he doesn’t produce the goods (ad ons).

McM was making things up. Nunez is under scrutiny by Slot not on goals/assists, but because his game didn’t put shifts in defending when all the other forwards do. Well documented in media articles.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
f***ing Martinez being a timewasting sack of shit again, what a surprise. I was going to give Villa some praise for an incredible performance but that's sufficiently annoyed me to the point where I won't bother.
Wonderfully caught by the camera, exposing what a cheating **** (the whole world know) he is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First half, Bologna played an energetic press, long passes and pinned LFC back at times. With some speed merchants for the counter.

I couldn’t help but compare on how Slot dealt with it, compared to FH. It appeared to me that VVD etc were set 10 yards further back from the half way line when Bologna triggered attacks on the transition. Separately, when attacking LFC set pieces came to nothing, always a pacy two players left back by the centre circle. Joined rapidly by retreating team mates to disrupt Bologna counter attacks. Second half they had this down to a tea.

I wonder if FH will be a tad more pragmatic on Sunday?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
First half, Bologna played an energetic press, long passes and pinned LFC back at times. With some speed merchants for the counter.

I couldn’t help but compare on how Slot dealt with it, compared to FH. It appeared to me that VVD etc were set 10 yards further back from the half way line when Bologna triggered attacks on the transition. Separately, when attacking LFC set pieces came to nothing, always a pacy two players left back by the centre circle. Joined rapidly by retreating team mates to disrupt Bologna counter attacks. Second half they had this down to a tea.

I wonder if FH will be a tad more pragmatic on Sunday?
We can but hope!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
f***ing Martinez being a timewasting sack of shit again, what a surprise. I was going to give Villa some praise for an incredible performance but that's sufficiently annoyed me to the point where I won't bother.
It is annoying. But I know if he was at the Albion folk would love him.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It is annoying. But I know if he was at the Albion folk would love him.
There was a broadsheet column over the weekend detailing what an idiot he is, including him stimulating shagging the Copa America trophy and before that holding another trophy sticking out of his crotch. Not sure he'd have passed the no dickhead policy, no pun intended.

Never great to see Villa win, but lovely to see that smug Watkins got substituted, Duran came on and soon after scored the winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here