Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions leage final who do you want to win?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Whenever i have no national dog in the hunt, I plump for whoever has the smallest total wage bill.

Similarly, in the NCAA basketball tournament, whatever school actually makes their players go to actual classes. (My bracket lasts usually two rounds...)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
7-8 are German, fair enough. But my point still stands imo. They still get paid ridiculously high wages, and if we (Britain) produced as much young talent as they seem to then I have no doubt we'd play them.

We could produce as much talent as the Germans but the Premier League runs football in England and the clubs choose not to develop and nuture English talent.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
It's only two though isn't it? It's fair to say Bayern are predominately German whereas Chelsea are not predominately English.

I believe the current Bayern squad has 13 Germans out of 24 players while Chelsea have 8 English in there squad.

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
also i heard from members of chelsea that poyet was at newcastle game midweek, and rumoured hes on way to wolves..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I believe the current Bayern squad has 13 Germans out of 24 players while Chelsea have 8 English in there squad.

Fair enough. I have counted and it's 14 Germans. That said they seemingly only regularly start games with 3 non-German players in their 11.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Same as. I think it must be "cool" or "trendy" in some weird way to not want the team representing the English League to win or something :shrug:

Why the f*** would you want Chelsea to represent you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As a Jock in Sussex for nearly 35 years, and whilst I don't especially like some of their personnel, that will be Chelsea who are an English Club. Does that surprise everyone ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The only 'connection' I have with Chelsea is that their ground happens to be in the same country that my mother was in 9 months after I was conceived.

Sorry, but that alone is not enough for me to want them to win anything.

I'd rather judge clubs on my perception of their individual merits (or lack thereof) rather than any geographical concerns. :thumbsup:

Probably more association than you have with Barca yet you support them :shrug:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Some of the posts in this thread make me want to vomit and have only made me want Bayern to win more.

Chelsea are about as English as Hitler's left foot. "They're representing England" absolute bollocks, most of them are representing their wage-packet foremost and a couple are representing Chelsea - not England.

Hope they get battered.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm a patriotic Englishman - so I don't care. When Liverpool played Borrusia Moenchengladbach in 1977 the entire country was behind Liverpool as the match was effectively Britain v Germany, but those days have long gone. Unlike the national side Chelsea don't represent 'England' in any true sense: they're foreign-owned with a foreign manager and foreign players; saying "I'm supporting them because they play in England" is on a par with saying "I'm supporting them because they play in blue".

If you want to support Chelsea for the night then fine. But it's not a patriotic duty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here